- The Banshee is a tough son o' the auld sod and me jaw's had enough time to recover! I'm ready for ye again!
- -- Banshee
Appearing in "Believe It or Not: The Banshee!"
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Believe It or Not: The Banshee!"
After escaping from Moonstone and a police manhunt, Captain America and the Falcon follow a lead and hitch hike to Nashville, Tennessee to investigate Moonstone's background further. In Nashville, they literally bump into the Banshee who mistakes them as criminals looking to incarcerate or kill him. The two battle and the Banshee incapacitates the duo thanks to his shrill mutant powers. However, the mutant Cyclops intervenes and also spars with the Banshee. The Banshee also knocks out Cyclops with his powers and flees the scene. Suddenly, Captain America and the Falcon are levitated away. They find that this has been done by the mutant Marvel Girl. Marvel Girl deposits Captain America and the Falcon by her mentor Professor X, who informs Cap and Falc that he believes his investigation of missing mutants and Captain America's problems with Moonstone are related. To be continued...
- Cover art: layout by Romita.
- Mike Friedrich helped write this story when Steve Englehart was relocating to California.
- Redwing will not reappear in this title again until Captain America #177.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Harvey Phillips, M. Calam and Stive. The letters page also contains a 1/3 page ad for Fantastic Four #145 with a cover reproduction.
- This issue contains a Series "A" Marvel Value Stamp: #43, The Enchantress.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperback Secret Empire.
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|