Appearing in "Kill-Derby"
Synopsis for "Kill-Derby"
Captain America resists joining the Kill-Derby contest until knocked unconscious by gas. One Kill-Derby gladiator takes Cap's shield while two others throw him in the brig with Falcon. As the contest begins, Cheer Chadwick demands that Cap and Falcon compete. At the cell, Tinkerbelle tells Cap that he'll have to fight to regain his shield. The two heroes agree to participate. In the Badlands, the Hound-dog hovercraft reports a "bogie." Cap and Falcon join the Kill-Derby on motorized skateboards. Amid the ensuing mayhem of flame thrower and missile attacks, Falcon takes to the air but is felled by a net shot from a cable-snare rifle. Cap frees him then fights his way through the gladiators until caught in the "Stand-in's" explosion. Outside. General Fist and his men find the wrecked Hound-dog. The pilot is missing. On the Kill-Derby track, Cap recovers and, with Falcon's help, arrives at the man who stole his shield. When the man refuses to give it up, Cap prepares to attack.
- Wolfman is consulting editor.
- Letters (story pages): Costanza (uncredited) page 1, Berry pages 2-17.
- New Jack Kirby drawn cover logos appear this issue. Redwing is no longer featured on the cover.
- 30 Cent Variants of this issue exist.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Bob Rodi, Bruce Clayton, Jell Silva, Dean Mullaney, Mark Zutkoff, and Ketih N. Huntsman.
- This issue also contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulataion.
- Redwing's image had appeared continuously in this title since Captain America #143 with the exception of Captain America #193. In that issue, he and the Falcon's image were replaced by a word balloon proclaiming "King Kirby is Back--and Greater than Ever!". With the exception of the cover logos of Captain America #194 and Captain America #195, Redwing never appears in any issues of Captain America done by Jack Kirby (Captain America #193-214).
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 196 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Captain America Vol 1 196
- 1 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 196
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #196 
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|