- Heads up you jocks! Here comes the Harlem Express!
- -- The Falcon
Appearing in "The Rocks are Burning!"
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Falcon's Wings
- A "Sound Machine" (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Rocks are Burning!"
Captain America tackles the shield-stealer who repels him with his electric mace. As the crowd yells "Kill!" the gladiator flings the shield at Cap who dodges. The shield boomerangs and strikes the gladiator who had armed it with a plastic bomb that explodes, killing him. Aboveground, General Fist employs helicopters with flame throwers to ferret out the Royalist entrance and the mercenaries. In the arena, Cap rejects the prize, a pot of gold, turning the crowd against him. However, the army enters the installation, causing the crowd to panic. The mercenaries subject the soldiers to a high-frequency sound machine but Cap destroys it. The Army's strike force takes over the headquarters. However, Cheer, her father, and other Elite members escape. Cheer's lather assures her that the madbomb is "safely planted" and ready to go off on Bicentennial day.
- Wolfman is executive editor.
- 30 Cent Variants of this issue exist.
- This issue contains a Series "B" Marvel Value Stamp: B78 (a portion of Conan the Barbarian).
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Ralph Macchio, Gregg Stanley and The Marveriter.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#JV-197.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 197 on the forums
- 2 Images from Captain America Vol 1 197
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|