- That's all it takes to lick any problem -- Confidence in yourself and others.
Appearing in "The Man Who Sold the United States"
- United States of America
- East Coast Seaside
- William Taurey's Estate
Synopsis for "The Man Who Sold the United States"
Scouring the seaside estate, Captain America and the Falcon find and defeat three hidden guards. Soon after, Captain America tells Carol about the madbomb and prepares to take her to Morgan Clinic. She tells him her father acted as he did to pay for her care. At Taurey's estate, Harding demands to go see his daughter but is refused. Harding activates a micro-madbomb, driving the guards insane. One kills another. Harding kills the survivor and escapes. Meanwhile, Taurey sends a booby-trapped car to the seaside estate. Captain America approaches, thinking it is Harding arriving, but the Falcon pulls him away in time to avoid the explosion. Later, as Captain America and the Falcon bemoan the loss of their only lead, Harding himself arrives, looking for Carol. Breaking with the Elite, he gives Captain America and the Falcon "Big Daddy's" location as well as a means to block its effects. At his estate, Taurey steps away from his costumed ball to order "Big Daddy's" activation.
- Wolfman is consulting editor.
- 30 cent variant of this issue exists.
- This cover is recreated/homaged in Captain America Vol 4 #28.
- Saladino is credited simply as Gaspar.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Ed Via, Gary Bromberg, Mark Zutkoff, and Young Smith.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#JV-312.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 199 on the forums
- 2 Images from Captain America Vol 1 199
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|