- There's no doubt, Falcon! "The Nation Stands!"
Appearing in "Dawn's Early Light"
- William Taurey's butler
Synopsis for "Dawn's Early Light"
Thanks to Mason Harding's information, Captain America and a SHIELD SWAT force infiltrate William Taurey's estate while Falcon and federal troops converge on the Taurey Towers Building in Philadelphia where "Big Daddy" is hidden. There, Falcon dispenses with two sentries, then summons his strike force. Discovered, Falcon and his men attack swiftly. At the estate, Cap enters the ballroom just as William Taurey announces to the Elite that he has ordered "Big Daddy's" activation. As mercenaries and troops fight, Falcon smashes into the Taurey Building's tower, finding the madbomb ten seconds before its activation. Pulling the switch to "Maximum Sonics," Falcon overloads "Big Daddy," fighting its fierce effects. The bomb's unrestrained power destroys the tower. Meanwhile, overhearing Taurey's vow to destroy Steve Rogers, Cap steps forward and offers to fight the duel in Steve's place. With each man taking a pistol, Cap tells Taurey to shoot but Taurey, afraid he will be shot in turn, loses his nerve and can't pull the trigger. In Philadelphia, the madbomb overloads and explodes. Radioing each other, Cap tells Falcon, "the nation stands."
- As stated on the cover, this Bi-centennial issue of Captain America conicides with the United States Bicentennial (1976). (One wonders if Marvel knew this would occur when Captain America began this series with issue #100 in 1968?)
- 30 Cent Variants of this issue exists.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Bill Dickenson, Mark R. Rausch, Larry Twiss, Mike Underwood, and Doug Zimmerman.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 200 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 200
- Next reference to the "Madbomb War": Captain America #224
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #200 
- Grand Comics Database: Captain America Covers 
|Like this? Let us know!|