- Blow it out your mustache!
Appearing in "The River of Death"
- Donna Maria
- Regional SHIELD Director (name not revealed)
- Central America
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Falcon's Wings
- Zola's Robotic Body (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The River of Death"
As Cap follows the Rio De Muerte searching for a village, a monster emerges from the water and attacks him. Prison guards chase the "Man-Fish" away and capture the now-weakened Cap. At the SHIELD regional office, Nelson tells two agents about File 116, which is cataloging a spate of monster appearances. He adds that, with the recent appearance of a "Digger," the file is getting ever larger. Meanwhile, the Falcon searches the coastlines all the way to South America. Veering inland, he comes upon a giant bird's nest. In Central America, Cap escapes the guards who throw dynamite at him, steering his flight so that he falls into a pit. As the Swine prepares to roast the trapped Cap with a flame thrower, Donna Maria intervenes. The Swine tosses her into the pit with Cap. Just then, the Man-Fish attacks, killing the Swine and his men. Cap and Donna Maria escape the pit but the Man-Fish attacks them, then suddenly returns to the river after prodded by the mental command device wielded by its master, Arnim Zola.
- Archie Goodwin is consulting editor.
- Inks (story pages): Giacoia pages 1-3, Verpoorten (uncredited) pages 4-17.
- The Swine dies in this story.
- This story introduces Arnim Zola, who remains a thorn in the side of Captain America today.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Henry Lipput, Bruce Canwell, and Robert Sodaro.
- This story is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 208 on the forums
- 5 Images from Captain America Vol 1 208
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #208 
|Like this? Let us know!|