Appearing in "Monumental Menace"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Monumental Menace"
A Volkswagen Beetle crashes through Captain America's third story window and chases Cap around his apartment. Cap escapes and uses a neighbor's phone to check in with the Avengers and Nick Fury, finding both Veda and Falcon uncharacteristically MIA. After Cap leaves, the neighbor removes her mask revealing Veda underneath, who checks in with Kligger. As Steve Rogers, he travels to the Pentagon to resume his search for his identity. His search leads him to an unfamiliar Maryland home. Steve investigates at the local newspaper office, the "Weekly Splay." The paper's editor, Will Quigly, knew the Rogers' and tells Steve his parents died in a plane crash in 1955, their older son Mike died at Pearl Harbor and their younger son Steve hasn't been heard from in years. Retreating to the Lincoln Memorial to think, the Lincoln statue comes to life and attacks. Cap fights back reluctantly, destroying the statue. Animus emerges to kill Cap personally.
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Kawecki pages 2-17.
- In this issue false memory implants appear to convince Steve Rogers that he is from Sayville, Maryland. It is also implied that his father was Walter Rogers, a diplomat, a mother named Elizabeth, and a brother Mike who perished at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. This infomation is corrected later and the false memory implants were discovered in Captain America #247.
- This issue contains a letters page, Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from Ray Kolasa, Al Shroeder III, Wilfred D. DeVoe, and Matt Kaufman.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#C-843.
- This issue's revelations about Captain America's family are largely debunked in Captain America #247 as well as Captain America #255 (and all other corresponding origin tales of Steve Rogers).
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 222 on the forums
- 1 Image(s) from Captain America Vol 1 222
- 1 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 222
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #222 
|Like this? Let us know!|