Appearing in "Call Me Animus"
Synopsis for "Call Me Animus"
Captain America fights Animus, savagely beating him until the monstrosity vanishes. Cap tries to make sense of what he's discovered of the Rogers family as he returns to his hotel. Veda tries to invite herself into Cap's room, but Cap declines. Steve discovers tracers on his shield, so he disposes of them and calls Fury to have a background check run on Veda. After a dream about psychology class, Steve realizes that what he's looking for is locked in his mind. Deciding to seek some help for his mental blocks, Cap tells Veda he's returning to New York by train, unknowingly allowing her to give Kligger Cap's whereabouts in lieu of their tracers. Animus attacks Cap's train, and the numerous innocents hurt send Cap into a rage. Discovering Animus can't use his body's strength and telekinesis at the same time, he uses that to his advantage to defeat Animus before he teleports away again.
- This is the first issue since Captain America #135 where the Falcon is no longer listed as a co-star on the cover.
- This issue contains a letters page, Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from Chrisopher Lake and Alan Stewart.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#C-873.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 223 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 223
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #223 
|Like this? Let us know!|