- I've got to prove that Captain America is more than just a mask and a serum!
Appearing in "Am I Still Captain America?"
- Impact 739 (SHIELD Training Robot) (Destruction)
- Red Skull
- SHIELD Agents
- The Red Skull's "Death's Head" Satellite
Synopsis for "Am I Still Captain America?"
Desperate to prove he's more than what the Super Soldier serum made him, Captain America faces off against Impact 739, a SHIELD training robot. Before Fury can pull the plug, an agent is suddenly transformed into Red Skull and blasts the controls, deactivating the robot's security protocols. In his weakened form, Cap barely manages to keep ahead of Impact 739. Fury tries to save Cap, but the robot destroys the room's controls from within. In orbit, Red Skull's satellite continues to fire its ray, quickly turning all the SHIELD agents onboard the Helicarrier into Red Skulls. Fury is shocked when Dum Dum becomes a Red Skull, who quickly defeats Fury. Impact 739 overpowers and captures Cap, but as the robot electrocutes him Cap's anger and adrenaline reactivate the Super Soldier serum within him. Cap defeats the robot, just as an army of Red Skulls enter with an unconscious Nick Fury as their prisoner.
- This issue does not contain a letters page. In its place is a full page advertisement for Hulk! and its new full-color format.
- This issue is dedicated to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, "Who made it all possible." Some may surmise that this excludes another individual who helped make it "all possible": Captain America co-creator Joe Simon.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info. 
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Albers pages 2-17.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 226 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 226
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #226 
|Like this? Let us know!|