Appearing in "Cross Fire"
- New York City
Synopsis for "Cross Fire"
When gunfire erupts between the National Force and Morgan's gang, Captain America struggles to separate the two factions. The National Guard arrives and arrests the National Force agents, but Morgan's men escape. Cap is shocked when the National Force agents immolate themselves, and he is unable to determine if Sharon was among those committing suicide. As Cap races to Mt. Sinai hospital expecting another attack on Peggy, he passes his apartment building, where the stalker studies a list of Cap's possible secret identities. At the hospital, Cap learns that Peggy has been remanded to the care of Dr. Steven Rogers. Later, the Grand Director and Dr. Faustus await Cap's arrival, knowing he will follow the clues they have laid for him. Cap enters the National Force's office tower and makes his way through several traps to Faustus' office. Faustus uses his mind-gas to weaken Cap and knocks him out. The Grand Director removes his mask, revealing he is the 1950's Captain America.
- In this issue, Sharon Carter is presumed killed in action. She will not be seen again for over 15 years. She returns in Captain America #445.
- This issue contains a letters page, Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from Stephen B. Bieler, Gerald Einhaus, and Brett Slack.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#LG-326.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 233 on the forums
- 1 Image(s) from Captain America Vol 1 233
- 1 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 233
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #233 
|Like this? Let us know!|