- We've got to keep fighting these fights until we win, Because if we lose them -- there's no hope for any of us.
Appearing in "The Sins of the Fathers"Edit
- Martin Harris (school superintendent)
- Larry Sawyer
- Lt. Kris Keating, NYPD
- Joey Smith (Only in flashback) (Joe's son)
- Liz Smith (Only in flashback) (Joe's wife)
Synopsis for "The Sins of the Fathers"EditThe story opens with school superintendent, Martin Harris, being pursued by a costumed Joe Smith, who badly beats him. Captain America later encounters Joe tearing up a high rise Federal Building. The two fight but Cap is unable to capture him. Joe destroys a Social Security machine and escapes.
Steve Rogers' neighbor, Josh Cooper, is able to tell Steve about Joe's situation. Joe's son, Joey, was a special needs child who had recently died. Joe seems to blame the School Superintendent (for slashing funding), the Social Security System, and Larry Sawyer, a social worker who worked with his son Joey. Steve shadows Sawyer, Joe's last potential victim. Joe attacks Larry on the subway. Steve changes into uniform and again confronts Joe. This time Cap tells Joe that he knows his situation, but killing people is not the answer. Joe eventually breaks down and stops his pursuit of vengeance.
- The names of various comic creators are seen as graphitti on the subway train on this cover.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Letters to the Living Legend". Letters are published by Matt Kaufman with a lengthy reply by Roger Stern.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#LF-94.
- Roger Stern will become this series regular writer beginning next issue. John Byrne will be the series artist.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 246 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 246
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #246 
|Like this? Let us know!|