- I'm going to be moving in across the hall, so I guess we'll be neighbors.
Appearing in "Dragon Man!"
- The Gaffer (Sidney Levine)
- Army Troops
- Machinesmith's mechanical crew
- Ed McMahon (Voice)
- Harry and his wife (?) (First appearance)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Dragon Man!"
SHIELD scientist Gaffer studies the Strucker robot until Machinesmith remotely activates its self-destruct. A data module flies away from the wreckage, too swiftly to be stopped or pursued, and returns to Machinesmith, just as his robot minions deliver the inert Dragon Man. After a few hours work, Machinesmith reactivates him and, controlling him via a flying drone primed with tracking information from the data module, sends him after Captain America. Steve Rogers meanwhile returns home after an unsuccessful day trying to land an art assignment, where his neighbors Josh and Mike introduce him to the building's newest resident, Bernie Rosenthal. Hearing radio reports of strange sightings at the buildings he visited, Steve realizes he is being followed. Glancing out a window he spots Dragon Man flying nearby and abruptly excuses himself. Bernie feels insulted, but Josh smoothes things over. When Cap confronts Dragon Man, the drone drives Dragon Man into a frenzy, triggering a running battle that ends when Dragon Man grabs a momentarily distracted Cap and begins to squeeze the life out of him.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Letters to the Living Legend". A letter is published from Lindsay Meeks with replies and statements from Roger Stern.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#LF-139.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 248 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Captain America Vol 1 248
- 2 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 248
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #248 
|Like this? Let us know!|