- It's been a long time since I have been in England.
Appearing in "Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot"
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Main story and flashback)
- Baron Blood (John Falsworth) (Disguised)
- Edwin Jarvis
- Jacqueline Falsworth (Main story and flashback)
- Jenny Wilson (First appearance)
- Montgomery Falsworth (Main story and flashback)
- Kenneth Crichton (First appearance)
- Joey Chapman (First appearance)
- Hotchkins (First appearance)
- Bucky (James Buchanan Barnes) (Only in flashback)
- Toro (Thomas Raymond) (Only in flashback)
- Human Torch (Jim Hammond) (Only in flashback)
- Sub-Mariner (Namor) (Only in flashback)
- Master Man (Wilhelm Lohmer) (Only in flashback)
- The Face (Werner Eisen) (Only in flashback)
- Warrior Woman (Julia Koenig) (Only in flashback)
- Agent Axis (Only in flashback)
- Asbestos Lady (Victoria Murdock) (Only in flashback)
- The Scarlet Scarab (Abdul Faoul) (Only in flashback)
- Blue Bullet (Johann Goldstein) (Only in flashback)
- Adolf Hitler (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Mutants (Main story and flashback)
- Human-Inhuman Hybrids (Only in flashback)
- Synthezoids (Only in flashback)
- Atlantean-Human Hybrids (Only in flashback)
- Atlantic Ocean
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Captain America's Shield (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot"After finding a third slasher victim, an English village constable and Dr. Cromwell inform Lady Crichton, who promises to use her influence to get Scotland Yard involved; however, doubting they can handle the situation, her elderly father prepares to contact someone who can. In Manhattan, after attending a musical together, Steve Rogers and Bernie Rosenthal return to Steve's apartment, but their liaison is interrupted by a phone call from Jarvis, who reads Steve a coded telegram, prompting him to cut the date short, to Bernie's dismay. Travelling to England, Steve reunites with Lady Crichton, formerly his Invaders' teammate Spitfire, and learns it was her father, Lord Falsworth, aka WWI's Union Jack, who sent for him, convinced the slasher is their old foe Baron Blood, despite his remains being long interred in the Tower of London. Investigating, Captain America discovers a woman's skeleton has been swapped for Blood's; he returns to the Manor to inform Falsworth of this, and meets Jackie's son Ken and his friend Joey. That night, Baron Blood attacks Captain America.
- Plot by Stern and Byrne, script by Stern.
- Captain America announces that his "full memory" has just recently returned. This clears up why he did not immediately recognize old friends (such as the Sub-Mariner) as early as Avengers #4.
- This issue contains a letters page: Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from Eric Watts, Nick Grassel, and Arthur Cadeaux.
- Captain America says it has been a long time since he has been to England? It is revealed in Captain America #257 that, since his revival, Cap has returned to England every year on the date of Bucky's disappearance in 1945! Maybe his full memory has not been restored at this time...
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 253 on the forums
- 7 Image(s) from Captain America Vol 1 253
- 2 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 253
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #253 
|Like this? Let us know!|