- Even the highest ideals--can't be forced upon people from without!
Appearing in "The American Dreamers!"
- Spider-Woman (Only in flashback)
- Ursula Richards (First appearance)
- Phillip le Guin (First appearance)
- Eva Krauss (First appearance)
- Harold Becker (First appearance)
- Turner D. Century (Mentioned)
Hallucinations (?) of:
- Sam Wilson (Falcon)
- Ku Klux Klan
- Edward Ferbel (Nomad) (Only in flashback)
- Leonard Spellman (Only in flashback)
- Jason Staid (Only in flashback)
- Wally Lombergo (Only in flashback)
- New York State
Synopsis for "The American Dreamers!"In a remote hotel, four people are hooked into strange machinery. Meanwhile, Captain America finds himself in various confusing scenarios, including working for President John F Kennedy, Bucky leading the Avengers, Sam Wilson as a shoe-shiner, himself as a child at a carnival, and Nazis parading around captive Jews, blacks, and mutants. Cap attacks the Nazis and finds a message calling him to the Waldheim hotel. Meanwhile, Morgan MacNeil Hardy adjusts his machine, a Telepathy Augmenter, not understanding why the four people hooked into it keep changing reality from what he wants. Cap travels to the hotel, battling as a child through Klu Klux Klan members to find Hardy has hooked himself into the machine to stabilize reality. Cap challenges Hardy, asking whose morals are correct: the racist, the Nazi supporter or the child who wants to play? In response, Hardy tries to erase Cap from reality. The machine overloads and kills Hardy along with two of the subjects hooked into it.
- The Falcon is listed as a co-star on the cover for this issue only. However, he only appears as a hallucenogenic construct.
- Inkers for this issue are credited as "Quickdraw Studios". Other inkers other than Frank McLaughlin worked on this issue.
- Captain America appears next in Captain America Annual #5.
- No letters page is published this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 264 on the forums
- 6 Image(s) from Captain America Vol 1 264
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #264 
|Like this? Let us know!|