- Shall I incinerate Captain America as he leaps, or wait until we are face to face?
- -- Viper
Appearing in "America the Cursed."
- Gail Runciter
- Mr. Wise
- SHIELD Agents
- Falcon (Samuel Wilson) (Illusion)
- Arnie Roth (Illusion)
- Mike Farrell (Illusion)
- Josh Cooper (Illusion)
- Anna Kapplebaum (Illusion)
- Joseph Rogers (Illusion)
- Sarah Rogers (Illusion)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "America the Cursed."
Constrictor tries to revive the hallucinating Captain America, but stops when Viper arrives. She learns that this Nomad is new and that the Nomad that defeated her previously was actually Cap. Constrictor covertly disobeys Viper's order to drug Cap again. Dugan revives and takes his heart medication and signals SHIELD for help, but Viper agents capture him. Only receiving half of Dugan's message Fury calls the President. Viper sees a news report announcing that Hartsdale is being quarantined due to a "toxic spill" but Viper blocks the broadcast. She holds a parade featuring the brainwashed Cap, Nomad and Gail, which draws the attention of the entire town. Viper reveals she will release the virus through hot air balloons. Cap fights off the leftover effects of the hallucinogen and attacks Viper, aided by Constrictor. Nomad, seeing Cap hanging from a balloon, snaps out of it and runs to help. Grabbing Viper's fallen gun, he waits for Cap and Dugan to get clear before blasting the balloons at the last second.
The smashing conclusion to the Viper/ Nomad trilogy.
- This issue contains a letters page, Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from: David Schifferdecker, Harry McLaughlin, Steven J. Rogers, and Mark Stanislawski.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 283 on the forums
- 1 Images from Captain America Vol 1 283
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #283 
|Like this? Let us know!|