Appearing in "One Man in Search of Himself"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "One Man in Search of Himself"
Godwulf sends Luther Manning from the dystopian future of 1991 to the past so he can find the lost Deathlok. Unaccustomed to a populated city. Manning inadvertently draws attention to himself, but manages to evade the police. Meanwhile Steve Rogers meets with Bernie and they head to her parents' house to have dinner, but en route Bernie almost runs over Manning, who's making his way to an abandoned Brand facility, and to Bernie's frustration, Steve leaves to investigate. Cap catches up with Manning, who explains his mission. Breaking into the facility they find it fully operational and staffed by Roxxon agents, who they battle until Deathlok appears, and shoots Manning through the chest.
Get ready, cyborg fans, because Cap's path crosses with the clone of Luther Manning, sent back in time to discover the fate of Deathlok the Demolisher.
- This issue contains a letters page: Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from: Chris Harrison, Tom Long, Ralph Grifith, and Angie Cashdoller (Mike Zeck's aunt), and a reply from "Mikie".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 286 on the forums
- 3 Image(s) from Captain America Vol 1 286
- 1 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 286
- First Appearance of Deathlok (Luther Manning): Astonishing Tales #25
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #286 
|Like this? Let us know!|