Appearing in "Future Shock"
- Nancy Rosenthal (First appearance) (Bernie's sister)
- Mr. and Mrs. Rosenthal (Bernie's parents)
- "Scarlet" (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Quasar (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Future Shock"
With the Roxxon agents' aid, Deathlok subdues Cap. but when he turns to finish off Manning, they touch and Deathlok's memories are restored as Manning dies. Enraged at Roxxon using him, Deathlok slaughters the agents, and he and Cap escape, with Deathlok destroying the facility as they leave, his callous attitude to killing shocking Cap. Elsewhere. Bernie's family isn't pleased that Steve stood them up. while Nomad finds himself smitten after saving a beautiful lady. Scarlet, from muggers. After burying Manning Deathlok tells Cap that his world's heroes disappeared in 1983. Cap's present day. so Cap follows Deathlok back to his world to save the future. Arriving in 1991 via Godwulf's time machine. Deathlok demands to know why Godwulf sent him back in the first place. Godwulf promises answers.
It's the Super-Soldier of the 1940's and the present versus the Super-Soldier of the war-torn future —Deathlok the Demolisher!
- This issue contains a letters page: Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from: Mike Kanterovich, Rod Fautenberry, Christopher Jefferson, and Patrick B. Miano.
- A unique color separation process, especially for its time, was done for the cover of this issue.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 287 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 287
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #287 
|Like this? Let us know!|