- I can make my own introductions, Thank You! I am ...The Slayer!
- -- Dave Cox
Appearing in "Field of Vision"
- Julie Cox
- Cody Cox
- Agent 13 (Photo)
- John Lennon (Photo)
- Abraham Lincoln (Photo)
- Eel (Only in flashback)
- Viper (Only in flashback)
- Cobra (Only in flashback)
- Red Skull
- Avengers Quinjet
Synopsis for "Field of Vision"
Mother Superior shows Baron Zemo a simulation of mankind's bloody history to prepare him for her father's schemes. In Virginia, Captain America visits old friend Dave Cox and his family. Meanwhile. Red Skull interrupts a sparring session between Zemo and Mother Superior, and then assaults Zemo for questioning him. Dave dissuades Cap's fears that marrying Bernie would disrespect Sharon Carter's memory. Once Cap departs, Mother Superior abducts Dave and brainwashes him into rejecting his pacifistic ideals. The next night, Cap and Nomad discuss Cap's experiences on Battleworld. Bernie's proposal and Dave's pacifism, the latter of which Nomad dismisses as cow; The pair intervene in an armed robbery, but Cap angrily and publicly admonishes Nomad for using excessive force. Nomad storms off and Cap follows, only to find Nomad barely conscious on a nearby fire escape. A costumed and bloodthirsty Dave Cox, calling himself the Slayer, attacks Cap. Though the heroes initially fend him off, the Slayer knocks Cap out with his mace, leaving Nomad to face the Slayer alone.
Who is the Slayer? Is he really the man whom Captain America befriended and trusted? Or is he the pawn of Cap's most sinister foe? You may find out . . . before Cap loses his life in the eeriest battle of his career! Guest-starring Baron Zemo!
- NEW letters page debuts this issue: American Grafitti. Letters are published from Stever R. Bierly, Denny Pritchard, Jason Gerie, Richard E. Hornburger, and Jeffrey Lowndes.
- Dave Cox is outfitted with the Devil Slayer apparatus. Devil Slayer was formerly an associate of the Defenders.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 293 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 1 293
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #293 
|Like this? Let us know!|