- I have finally shafted zee great Captain America!
Appearing in "Double Dare!"
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Main story and flashback)
- Batroc's Brigade
- Obadiah Stane
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Double Dare!"
Captain America and Nomad return home to tell Bernie that Cap's shield has been stolen. The next day, disguised as pizza deliverymen, Batroc's Brigade sells Captain America's shield to Stane International, where Richard Arons is coercing Dr. Myron MacLain, the shield's creator, into trying to replicate the indestructible material the shield is made from. To celebrate their victory Batroc's Brigade gets drunk, and Machete and Zaran taunt Batroc over his inability to defeat Cap solo. Seeking to prove himself. Batroc finds and challenges Cap. As he pummels the inebriated Batroc, Cap is surprised to see Machete and Zaran laughing at their leader. Anxious to retrieve his shield. Cap offers Batroc a free shot at him in exchange for information about the shield's location. Batroc takes it. sending the hero flying, but to the mercenaries' surprise. Cap weathers the blow and wins anyway. Machete and Zaran flee, and Cap resolves to get his shield from Stane.
It's triple-trouble time with the greatest grudge match of the decade! Batroc, Machete and Zaran are on a rampage! Cap and Nomad must stop them! But Batroc plans to avenge all his past defeats by the star-spangled Avenger! This time, he has vowed, the winner will be Batroc the Leaper!
- This issue contains a letters page, America Grafitti. Letters are published from: Bill Oldach, Eric Swann, and Thomas Long. It also contains a "Special Announcement Section"
- The editor, Mark Gruenwald proclaims in the letters page, "The Red Skull is dead and he will NEVER EVER come back." Later as Captain America's writer, Mark Gruenwald himself revives the Red Skull in the flesh in Captain America #350.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 303 on the forums
- 2 Images from Captain America Vol 1 303
Links and References
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #303 
|Like this? Let us know!|