- The only thing between us and Armageddon is Captain America.
Appearing in "Sanctuary"
Races and Species:
- Tap-Kwai (First appearance)
- Club Yankee (Only appearance)
- Moldavia, Europe (Mentioned)
- United States of America (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Sanctuary"
Captain America tracks Sharon Carter to the small eastern nation of Tap-Kwai, where she's been attempting to use Machinesmith's coin encoded with Cap's memories to bargain her way to rooting out the sinister hacker head of its shadow government. When he interrupts her deal and forcefully extracts her, she's angry that his cavalier approach got in the way of her careful planning again, though she can't deny that he did come back for her after Moldavia. To explain her objective, she takes Cap to a prison camp where she had been held for eight months during her lost years and shows him the miserable conditions the remaining prisoners are still suffering. She believes if she can take out the government's leader, then the resistance will finally have its chance to rise up. Cap, taking an entirely different message from the tour, cuts to the chase and frees all the prisoners then and there. Sharon thinks the sudden prison break is suicide with the Tap-Kwai army on their tails, but it turns out Cap has the SHIELD Helicarrier waiting as backup. The prisoners make it onboard while Captain America holds off the army single-handedly.
When just Cap and Sharon are left on the ground, Sharon restates that she can't go back to SHIELD, so she's staying behind, but she gives Cap the coin with his memories so he doesn't have to worry about it any more. They come close to sharing a parting kiss, but stop themselves and salute each other off instead.
- Captain America will later partecipate to Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four's battle against Onslaught; believed to have sacrificed himself to kill Onslaught, he, alongside the FF and some Avengers members, was transported by Franklin Richards, son of Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman of the FF, in a Pocket Dimension he created. The heroes lived there for a year, without memories of their original lives; they returned on their reality in Heroes Reborn: The Return.
- Final issue of Steve Rogers: Captain America.
- Waid and Garney's creative team will return in Captain America Vol 3 #1.
- This issue contains a letters page, American Grafitti. The final letters to readers are published from writer Mark Waid and artist Ron Garney.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 1 454 on the forums
- 1 Images from Captain America Vol 1 454
- 1 Reprints of Captain America Vol 1 454
|Like this? Let us know!|