- How the rest of the world perceives America is a very important question for me...
Appearing in "The Return of Steve Rogers, Captain America"
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Main story and recap)
- Strikeforce Ukiyoe (Only appearance)
- Lady Deathstrike (Yuriko Oyama)
- United States Army (Recap)
- Nazi Germany (Recap)
- Heinz Kruger (Recap) (Shadow only)
- Avengers (Recap)
- Shusaku (Only appearance)
- An other unnamed Police officer (Only appearance)
- Onslaught (Mentioned)
- Fantastic Four (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Mister Fantastic (Reed Richards) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- The Thing (Ben Grimm) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Invisible Woman (Susan Storm) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Lord Dark Wind (Kenji Oyama) (Mentioned)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Red Skull (Johann Schmidt) (On-screen)
- Nuke (Frank Simpson) (On-screen)
- Sub-Mariner (Namor McKenzie) (On-screen)
- Renny (a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent) (Voice)
- A shadowy figure
- Kang the Conqueror ("Nathaniel Richards")
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and recap)
- Human-Inhuman Hybrids (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Atlantean-Human Hybrids (On-screen)
- Cosmic Cube (Behind the scenes)
- Earth (Main story and recap)
- United States of America (Main story and recap)
- Europe (Recap)
- North Sea (Recap)
- Captain America's Shield (Main story and recap)
- Captain America's Uniform (Main story and recap)
- Super-Soldier Serum (Recap)
- Iron Man Armor Model 2 (Recap)
- Wasp's Suit and Bio-Synthetic Wings (Recap)
- Fantastic Four Uniforms (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Kang Armor
- World War II (Recap)
Synopsis for "The Return of Steve Rogers, Captain America"
“Steve Rogers, patriot of the second World War. Denied a chance to serve his country until a unique military experiment maximized his physical structure … turning him into a super-soldier.
Frozen in suspended animation at war’s end, he awoke in the modern world a man out of time, but never out of courage. He is … Captain America.”
After escaping the alternate universe created by Franklin Richards, Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America finds himself on the streets of Tokyo, Japan with no memory of where he had been for the last year. Before he can get his bearings, Captain America is called into action to stop a group of Japanese terrorists who are protesting the Americanization of Japanese culture.
Later, during the premiere of a Captain America film the terrorists strike again and in front of the theater’s audience the Captain makes short work of them. Unfortunately the mastermind of the organization. Lady Deathstrike shows up, and the two become locked in a deadly battle, but ultimately the Captain is victorious. However, while Captain America was working to save the lives of the theater patrons, Lady Deathstrike escaped, but still hundreds of people were saved.
- An initial splash page recaps some events in Captain America's life, including his origin story from Captain America Comics #1 and the Avengers resuming him from ibernation in Avengers #4.
- Captain America, along the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, was believed to have been killed by Onslaught during the events of Onslaught Marvel Universe #1, but those heroes have been in fact saved by Franklin Richards, who created a Pocket Universe where they lived without memories of their original lives. The heroes later returned in the main reality in Heroes Reborn: The Return miniseries.
- The shadowy figure seen in a regeneration chamber in Wisconsin will later revealed to be the Red Skull, believed to have been killed in Captain America #448, while the Kang featured at the end of this issue is Korvac impersonating the real Kang.
- This story contains a letters page, American Grafitti. However it has no letters, but rather information from Editor Matt Idelson and "Paul".
- This issue also has a two page feature, "Behind the Scenes with Ron Garney". It details how the cover for this issue was created.
- There are two covers for this issue. The variant is the "sun burst" cover.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|