- Back to paint this world red...
- -- Sin
Appearing in "Red Is the Darkest Color"
- Crossbones (Brock Rumlow)
- Sin / Mother Superior (Synthia Schmidt) (Appears in flashback) (As Mother Superior in flashback)
- Nazi Germany (Only in flashback)
- Mother Night (Susan Scarbo) (Only in flashback)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Only in flashback)
- United States Army (Only in flashback)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- A.I.M. (Only in flashback)
- Arnim Zola (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Captain America's Uniform (Only in flashback)
- Captain America's Shield (Only in flashback)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Uniforms (Only in flashback)
- A.I.M. Uniforms (Only in flashback)
- World War II (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Red Is the Darkest Color"
Crossones had previously kidnapped a brainwashed Synthia Schmidt from a government installation. In this issue, he repeatedly brutalizes and tortures her until she finally breaks from her programming and realizes that she is in fact Sin, the daughter and heir of the Red Skull. In telling this story much of Synthia Schmidt's birth, early history, and adventures are told.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
Red Skull / Johann Schmidt
- Pag. 7-8
- Pag. 10, Panel 5-Pag. 11, Panel 2
- Pag. 13, Panel 1
- Pag. 13, Panel 3
- Pag. 13, Panel 5
- Pag. 14, Panels 1-2
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- More than one reader of this issue had later letters published protesting the depictions of Crossbones brutal beating and torture of Synthia Schmidt.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 5 15 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 5 15
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|