Appearing in "Out of Time: Part 3"
- Union Jack (Joe Chapman)
- Invaders (Only in flashback)
- Jack Monroe (Death) (See chronology)
- Mother Night (Susan Scarbo) (Death)
- Nazi Germany (Only in flashback)
- Winter Soldier (Unnamed)
- Red Skull (Johann Schmidt) (Mentioned) (Deceased)
- Baron Heinrich Zemo (Dream)
- French Resistance (Only in flashback)
- Elvis Presley (Mentioned)
- Curtis (Pittsburgh's bar owner) (Only appearance)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Cosmic Cube (Mentioned)
- Androids (Only in flashback)
- Inhumans (Only in flashback)
- Atlanteans (Only in flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United Kingdom
- France (Main story and flashback)
- Atlantic Ocean
- Afghanistan (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- Hell (Mentioned)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Uniforms
- Captain America's Uniform (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America's Shield (Main story and flashback)
- A.I.M. Uniforms
- World War II (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Out of Time: Part 3"
In London, Mother Night and members of A.I.D. plot to fulfill the Red Skull's wishes by detonating one of three firebomb weapons beneath a major metropolitan city.
Aboard a SHIELD sub-carrier, Nick Fury, Captain America and Agent-13 learn of the plot and fly towards London to prevent the disaster. Steve is tired, and harrowed – having suffered from numerous World War II flashbacks over the past several weeks.
In London, Union Jack and a team of British agents scour the underground tunnels. They come upon Mother Night and the A.I.D. agents, but it looks like someone else has gotten to them first. Mother Night and all of the agents are dead. What's worse, the WMD is missing. Cap traces the theft of the device back to A.I.D.'s parent organization A.I.M. He finds an A.I.M. hovership flying above London and attacks it. He causes the craft to crash and takes down the agents inside. After intense interrogation by S.H.I.E.L.D., the A.I.M. agents confess to stealing the WMD but insist that they had nothing to do with the death of Mother Night and the A.I.M. agents.
Back in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Jack Monroe, the former hero known as Nomad drunkenly stumbles out of a bar. A mysterious figure steps out of the shadows and shoots Jack point blank in the chest. He then loads Jack's body into the trunk of a car.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
Captain America / Steve Rogers
Characters in this story also appear in other stories between this issue. The affected characters are:
- This issue has been reprinted in Captain America: Winter Soldier trade paperback.
- The flashback sequences have been illustrated by Michael Lark.
- This issue contians a letters page, Freedom of Speech. Letters are published from Robert Kirkman, Joe Casey, Jeb D., Frank Davis, and Derek Haller.
- Jack Monroe's bar is shown serving and advertising "Asgard Ale".
|Like this? Let us know!|