- Patriotism taken too far is fanaticism. No matter who you are or where you're from. Foreigners aren't your enemy, son. I'm the son of immigrants. When I was a kid it was my father's people, the Irish, who were looked down on. Called filthy foreigners. Discriminated against. Is that the xenophobic America you want? All religions, all nationalities, we all want the same thing. To see our children grow strong. To provide safety to our families. To live in quiet times. Peace, son. Isn't that why we became soldiers in the first place? To fight for a peaceful world?
Appearing in "Loose Nuke: Part 4"
Synopsis for "Loose Nuke: Part 4"
The fight between Captain America and Nuke continues. Nuke manages to stun Captain America, throw him to the ground and holding him at gunpoint. Captain America attempts to reason with Nuke, saying his actions only harm his country. Nuke believes foreigners make Americans look bad; but Captain America, as the son of immigrants, replies all nations and religions want the same thing: peace, the reason good men become soldiers. They fight for a peaceful world.
Just as Nuke comes to his senes, he sees a reporter nearby. Enraged, Nuke chases after her, berating the press for making American soldiers look bad. Fortunately, Falcon sweeps in and tackles Nuke, giving the journalist enough time to escape. But Nuke brutally beats Falcon down and corners the journalist near a cliff. As Nuke is about to stab her with a combat knife, Falcon saves her and Captain America catches up to Nuke and continues the attack.
Falcon drops the reporter off at a nearby road but asks for her camera. The journalist claims to be an American standing by freedom of press. She denounces S.H.I.E.L.D. as a clandestine group operating above the law, but Falcon is only interested in saving lives. The journalist offers her camera to Falcon, asking him if he believes in freedom of the press as fundamental right or only out of convenience. Falcon refuses to take the camera and leaves, telling the journalist an envoy will pick her up soon.
Nuke attacks with more anger than ever but Captain America slowly turns the tables on his opponent and brutally beats him down. As S.H.I.E.L.D. forces arrive and take Nuke into custody, Nick informs Captain America and Falcon a reporter has published an article that depicts Captain America and Nuke authorizing a genocidal attack in Nrosvekistan. It was the same reporter Falcon saved earlier from Nuke. When Captain America asks Falcon if he took her camera, Falcon only stays silent.
Meanwhile in China, the Iron Nail watches the news about Nrovekistan. Although the Iron Nail does not enjoy using the Americans' freedom of the press against them, he will continue his mission to free the world from American capitalism. His next step will be to attack S.H.I.E.L.D.'s heart.
LOOSE NUKE PART 4
• Falcon and Captain America in the fight of their lives!
• The Iron Nail’s revenge takes form.
• No more greed. No more pollution. No more you. No more me. From here out there is only us!
• What is Nuke’s true mission? What does it have to do with the Weapon Minus program?
- This issue features a letters page, Letters to a Living Legend. Letters are published from Kate, Justin Runyan, Joss, David Slover, Kurt M. Slater, and Tom Baker.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 7 14 on the forums
- Images from Captain America Vol 7 14
|Like this? Let us know!|