Appearing in "The Tomorrow Soldier: Part 1"
- Steve Rogers (Stops being Captain America)
- Arnim Zola (Revealed to be alive)
Synopsis for "The Tomorrow Soldier: Part 1"
One cold morning, a jogger named Nancy is running through Central Park until a portal to Dimension Z opens an army of monsters pours through, slaughtering everything on sight. A lone warrior emerges from the portal and escapes the massacre, entering the city.
Fifteen minutes earlier at Avengers Mansion, a bedridden Steve watches a newscast where two women debate whether or not Captain America's morals are still valid in the current world. Disgusted by the critic's comments, Steve turns off the TV just as Fury and Maria come to visit, informing him his shield has been recovered. However, Gungnir has been recovered and is currently undergoing repairs at a S.H.I.E.L.D. base. Upset, Steve wonders out loud if S.H.I.E.L.D. has become too powerful for its own good. Fury replies that S.H.I.E.L.D. is working to protect the world in case the superheroes fail and if Steve thinks S.H.I.E.L.D. is too big then perhaps he should look at how big the Avengers roster is.
At the Upper West Side, Sam and Jet awaken from having spent the night together. They have become more overt with their relationship, but their pleasure is short-lived as they witness Zola's army attacking New York. Dr. Zola is coordinating the assault and speaks with the Red Skull, who observes that, with Captain America incapacitated, the time to strike is now.
At the Avengers Mansion, the Avengers discover there are traces of the Super-Soldier Serum left in Steve's body. Suddenly, they receive news of the attack on New York, with Steve deducing Zola is behind the attack. After seeing a warrior penetrate the mansion's defenses, Iron Man, Hulk and Thor move in to take out the intruder, telling Steve to seal the door behind them.
• The Tomorrow Soldier Part 1
• This is it! The final chapter of the story that begin in Dimension Z!
• After the Earth shattering events of last issue how can Steve Rogers survive his new situation?
• Two of his oldest foes move forward their plot! Enter Arnim Zola and The Red Skull!
• A face from the past hunts Steve. Can even The Avengers keep him safe?
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain America Vol 7 22 on the forums
- 6 Image(s) from Captain America Vol 7 22
|Like this? Let us know!|