- There's a small difference between a realist and a traitor – and you just stepped over that line! You are now an honorary member of the Judas Iscariot Marching Society!
Appearing in "Die, Traitor!"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Die, Traitor!"
After being thanked by Carol Danvers with another kiss when he saved her life from Cyberex and the Aakon, Mar-Vell returns to his ship where he gets the cold shoulder from Una. Ronan the Accuser calls in and orders Mar-Vell to try and forge an alliance with the Organization, as the Kree empire sees the Organization as potential allies in a future conquest of Earth.
Returning to Earth and adopting his guise of "Lawson", Mar-Vell is driving with Carol when they are attacked by the Organization. Allowing Carol to be knocked out, Mar-Vell changes into Captain Marvel to seek out the Organization, however he is unaware that they capture Carol. When Mar-Vell approaches Number-One of the Organization with the idea of a truce, he learns that Carol is their prisoner. Mar-Vell decides to free Carol, and turns on the Organization.
However, when they use an aging ray on Mar-Vell, in spite of his advanced age, Mar-Vell gets a hold of the weapon, reverses his own advanced aging and uses the weapon to destroy the Organization, and flees with Carol as their base is destroyed.
When Mar-Vell returns to the Kree ship, Ronan is so enraged by Mar-Vell's betrayal he orders Yon-Rogg to have Mar-Vell executed. When Una travels to Earth to try and prevent them from assassinating Mar-Vell she is stunned. When she revives, she manages to get to Mar-Vell just before the Kree soldiers are about to assassinate Mar-Vell.
This story is continued next issue...
- This issue contains a letters page, "Mail it to Mar-Vell". Letters are pubished from: Jeanette Toliver, Glen Quasny, Martin Stern, Achille DiBacco, Tom Crawford, Sheldon Wiebe, and Owen Mahon.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain Marvel Vol 1 10 on the forums
- Images from Captain Marvel Vol 1 10
|Like this? Let us know!|