Appearing in "The Moment of -- the Man-Slayer!"
- Moon Rocket
Synopsis for "The Moment of -- the Man-Slayer!"
Endowed with new powers by the god known as Zo, Mar-Vell visits the dead body of Una one last time before returning to Earth space. He taunts Yon-Rogg with images of himself alive before returning to Earth to tie up his loose ends as "Walter Lawson", when he arrives in his office he finds that the Cape is about to launch a rocket.
Arriving at the Cape as "Lawson", Mar-Vell is put at gun-point and is under suspicion of spying due to his long absence. But before he can be taken into custody, the Man-Slayer, a robot created by Communists attacks the Cape. As Mar-Vell uses his illusion casting powers to distract the soldiers to get away and change into Captain Marvel, in Russia, the Black Widow breaks into the control room of the Communist leader who is controlling the Man-Slayer in an attempt to stop the attack from it's source. However, before she can stop the leader, she is knocked out.
As Mar-Vell attacks the Man-Slayer, he saves Carol from the attacking robot. Although he's over powered initially, in Russia the Black Widow manages to get free and destroy the controls for the Man-Slayer to making the robot become inert, however she is taken down by the Communists. Mar-Vell uses the robots inactivity to change back into "Walter Lawson", however when the soldiers try to arrest him, he uses his illusion casting powers to make himself appear invisible so that he can escape.
This story is continued next issue...
- Cover art: modifications by Romita.
- This issue features a letters page, Mail It To Mar-Vell. Letters are published from Joanne Tumulo, Bill Cantey, Dennis Mysers, Glen Quasny, Bob Krotts, and Mike O'Neal.
- The story of Black Widow and the Mad Thinker continues next in Avengers #63.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain Marvel Vol 1 12 on the forums
- Images from Captain Marvel Vol 1 12
|Like this? Let us know!|