Appearing in "And a Child Shall Lead You!"
- Supreme Intelligence (Main story and flashback)
- Edwin Jarvis
- Hulk (Only in flashback)
- Avengers (Only in flashback)
- Teen Brigade (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "And a Child Shall Lead You!"
Continued from last issue... Trapped in the Negative Zone, Mar-Vell is told by the Supreme Intelligence that he is trapped in this realm due to his blind quest for revenge against Yon-Rogg. However, he offers Mar-Vell a way to potentially free himself and directs his mind towards Earth and to the plight of young Rick Jones, who had just been rejected by his partner Captain America. (Unknown to Rick, Cap had forcefully switched bodies with the Red Skull.) He follows Rick as he returned to Avengers Mansion one last time to collect his things and start hitting the road again.
When Jones gets close to an ancient Kree station which contains the Nega Bands, Mar-Vell conjures up an image of Captain America to lure Rick Jones to the bands. There Mar-Vell contacts Jones and explains his plight and that the Bands would allow them to temporarily switch places. Given the opportunity to become a super-hero, Rick accepts and puts on the Nega Bands. Clashing them together he and Mar-Vell change places.
Yon-Rogg suddenly appears having found the secret station as well hoping to get a hold of the Nega-Bands for his own ends. This leads to a brief battle against Yon-Rogg, in which Yon-Rogg manages to escape. Chasing after him, Mar-Vell is promoted to save what appears to be Carol Danvers. But it turns out to be a bomb, and Mar-Vell tosses it away before it can blow him up. With Yon-Rogg escaping, Mar-Vel and Rick agree to work together in the future to get revenge on Yon-Rogg. They change places again, and Rick resumes his wandering.
Guest-starring Captain America! The most shocking saga of all!
- The Red Skull appears in this issue under the guise/appearance of Captain America. Events from this issue draw directly from the storyline in Captain America #114 - Captain America #116.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It To Mar-Vell. Letters are published from Dave Wixon, Sheldon Wiebe, Walt Stringer, Normand LaBelle, Gary DeJames, and Peter Sanderson.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Captain Marvel Vol 1 17 on the forums
- Images from Captain Marvel Vol 1 17
|Like this? Let us know!|