Appearing in "A Taste of Madness!"
- Aliens (Unnamed)
- 🢐 Masterlord (Thanos) 🢒 (Shadow only)
- Skragg 🢒 (First appearance) (Impersonates Cop, Yon-Rogg, Zarek, an Aakon, and Rick Jones)
- 🢐 Super-Skrull 🢒 (Impersonates Ronan the Accuser, Megaton, Hulk, Metazoid, Sub-Mariner, and Captain Marvel)
- Dr. Mynde (Referenced)
- 🢐 Benjamin Savannah (Death)
- Lord (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- NYPD (Mentioned)
- Nuron (Only in recap)
- Fantastic Four (Mentioned)
- Skrull Empire (Mentioned)
- Kree Empire (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Unidentified alien species
- Robots (Main story and recap)
- Dogs (Mentioned)
- Titanians (Shadow only)
- Aakon (Mentioned)
- Negative Zone
- Captain Marvel's Suit
- Slave Discs (Behind the scenes)
- Mento-Probe Helmet (First appearance)
Synopsis for "A Taste of Madness!"
In an elaborate scheme of the Skrulls and their mysterious Masterlord, Super-Skrull and Kl'rt, Rick Jones is framed for the murder of Dr. Benjamin Savannah and brought to a run-down police precinct. Using Super-Skrulls invisibility as well as other Skrull technology, Mar-Vell and Rick are led to believe that many of his long-time friends and foes have returned and are attacking him. Rick and Mar-Vell identify the ruse, and Mar-Vell attacks the Skrulls. The building collapses in the battle and the Skrulls escape. To be continued...
Take it from us — The start of a world-shattering new storyline, destined to make C.M. one of the most-talked-about titles in comic-book history!
- This is the first issue of Captain Marvel by artist Jim Starlin. Starlin will draw and also plot a great deal of this classic story arc now known as The Thanos War (Captain Marvel #25 through 33).
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It To Mar-Vell. Letters are pubished from Larry Ross, Brian Earl Brown, and Rick Lawler.