- No, Mr. Castle. He doesn't see. Now his father...he saw. Saw what his son was going to grow up into. He saw what it meant for him. And now... See what it means for you. I promised you future sight, Frank Castle. Enjoy it for a brief time...and decide for yourself if it's a gift...or punishment.
Appearing in "Shock Absorber"
- Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell) (Main story and flashback)
- Punisher (Frank Castle)
- Rick Jones (Main story and flashback)
- Shinga Doon (Only appearance; dies)
- Shelton Hemmings (Only appearance; dies)
- Sid Fisher (Only appearance; dies)
- Andre Tomas (Only appearance)
- Bobby Hemmings (First appearance)
- "No one" (First appearance; voice)
- Siffrin Froid (Mentioned)
- Mar-Vell (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Galaxion Center
Synopsis for "Shock Absorber"
Approximately a month after Captain Marvel was rendered catatonic, Rick Jones has found Shinga Doon, whom he believes can help him find a way out of the Microverse. Jones re-tells the past month to Doon, telling him that he spent days trying to stir Genis from his catatonic state, finally succeeding by saying "what would your father say if he saw you like this". Genis awakens, utters the words "discipline", then leaves the desert where he had crashed.
Genis travels to New York, where he finds Frank Castle confronting a criminal using a human shield. Genis interrupts the stand-off, revealing that the human shield is in fact a rapist and murderer. After forcing him to confess, Genis instantly vaporizes him. He then stops Castle from killing the criminal, and asks to learn from him. In return for allowing Genis to shadow him and learn from him, he offers to share his cosmic awareness with Castle, which would allow him to stop crime before it occurred. After a while, Genis reveals the location of the crime boss Castle has been tracking, with renewed instructions to spare Thomas, the criminal he had confronted earlier, as he would become arrested in two weeks and turn his life around, doing great good.
The two confront the crime boss at his home. Genis shows him what the man's eight-year old son will become in the future, whereupon the man runs shrieking into his house to kill his son. Castle intervenes, shooting the man and saving the son, whereupon Genis shows him the future; a future where the son kills tortures Castle to death in vengeance for killing his father, which according to Rick results in Castle breaking down sobbing, begging the child not to kill him.
Shinga Doon, satisfied with Rick's story, begins to explain what he needs to do to solve his problem, whereupon he is instantly crushed to death by an unknown force, calling itself No One, which speaks to Rick, telling him to accept his fate and not to try and save Genis.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|