Carl is Eddie Brock's father. He was a man who lacked emotion, that was until he met Jamie and fell in love with her. He experienced happiness for the first time in his life and soon, the two were married. What she wanted most of all was to have a family with the man she loved. But unfortunately she died of complications from giving birth to their first and only son, Eddie Brock. Her death lead Carl to be a cold and unloving father towards their son, only giving him half-hearted encouragement, whether it was doing well on his grades, or choosing a new career path. Eddie tried everything to gain his approval but nothing he did for him was good enough. Carl was originally wealthy, but when Eddie accidentally killed the young son of his neighbor he spent most of his money in an effort to cover the incident up; furthering his resentment towards his son. When Eddie was fired in disgrace following the Sin-Eater murder hoax, Carl disowned him and the two haven't seen each other since.
When Peter Parker turned up on his doorstep to ask about Eddie, Carl instantly slammed the door in his face, and when Peter (in his Spider-Man costume) appeared in his office to talk to him, Carl just replied, "Whatever relationship between Edward Brock and myself is no longer applicable", and told him to leave before threatening to phone the police.
At some point after disowning Eddie, Carl fathered a new son, Dylan, who he raised without informing of his other son's existence. Years later, Eddie turned up at Carl's house being pursued by purported government agents, but Carl denounced him and let him be captured. When Eddie returned a month later seeking to make amends and start over, Carl reiterated that he did not consider Eddie to be his son and wanted nothing to do with him. When Eddie mentioned that Mary had died, Carl denied having ever had a daughter and punched Eddie in the face in an effort to get him to leave - sending the Venom symbiote into a berserk rage. Dylan witnessed the altercation, and Carl brutally beat him - presumably for pressing him for information on who Eddie was.
- Carl Brock's appearance in Amazing Spider-Man #375 depicts him with a full head of hair, but Venom: Dark Origin and subsequent appearances depict him as a balding man with a moustache.Venom Vol. 4 shows him as balding in the present, but with a full head of hair in flashbacks to Eddie's youth.
- 10 Appearances of Carl Brock (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Carl Brock (Earth-616)
- Media Carl Brock (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Carl Brock (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Carl Brock (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Carl Brock (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|