- Norman Osborn kills for reasons, it might not always seem like he does but they're always there. Whether it's power, revenge, or just pure hate, there are reasons. Why do you think his buzzing prevented us from killing his pitiful son? He didn't see the reason. Not me, though, it honestly makes no sense why I kill the people I do. That's why you and I have so much fun together! I'm just so... unreasonable!
Reanimated and bonded to an offshoot of the deific Grendel symbiote-dragon, Cletus Kasady attacked the Ravencroft Institute intending to kill or recruit Norman Osborn, who had been driven insane by the original Carnage symbiote and now believed himself to be Cletus Kasady. Amused by this, Dark Carnage bonded Norman to an offshoot of his symbiote, turning him into a replica of Cletus' original appearance as Carnage.
Despite some friction between them over which of them was the real Cletus Kasady, Norman - as Carnage - served as Dark Carnage's lieutenant during his attack on Manhattan. Sent after his grandson Normie Osborn to get his codex, Norman was instead met by his son Harry Osborn, who was aware of what was going on and attempted to keep his father occupied. Norman's original personality tried to reassert itself, though Cletus' persona remained in control. Eventually, Harry exploded the apartment, causing Norman fall into the sewers. Angered by Norman's hesitation, the symbiote berated and threatened to leave him, with Norman insisting he was the real Cletus Kasady. The Carnage-ized Grendel symbiote tried to abandon him and bond to a utility worker, Norman killing him and his partner. Satisfied that Norman was embracing his new persona, stating that he killed them for no reason much like the real Cletus would do, the symbiote returned to him.
After Dark Carnage revealed to Norman that he was the real Cletus Kasady, Norman sought the help of Dr. Treadwell, who had worked at Ravencroft and tried to help Norman resist Cletus' persona. While Treadwell insisted that he give up the symbiote in order to get the help he needed, the Carnageized Grendel symbiote appeared behind him and killed him. The symbiote ordered Norman to rest and let it assume from now on. When Dark Carnage's attack on the city commenced, Norman was subsequently sent after the Scorpion and Deadpool to claim their codices. While pursuing the former, Carnage and a horde of Carnage Doppelgängers infected Miles Morales with another offshoot of the Dark Carnage symbiote, turning him into a unique six-armed Carnage Doppelgänger.
When Dark Carnage attacked Rex Strickland's warehouse, where the heroes had holed up, Carnage was sent after Normie Osborn and Dylan Brock. When Norman was knocked unconscious by Spider-Man thanks to the help of Kindred, his symbiote - controlled by Dark Carnage - separated from him to finish the job. Before it could attack them, Dylan used his newly awakened powers to blow it apart.
A sliver of the symbiote survived and was retrieved by Dylan, who secretly kept it as a souvenir. However, this drew the attention of the dark god Knull, who began haunting Dylan's dreams through his Dylan's nascent connection to the Symbiote Hive-Mind. When Sleeper confronted Dylan over it and rebuked his belief that he could tame it, Dylan sought to use it to amplify his connection to the Symbiote Hive-Mind so that he could confront Knull. The piece of the Dark Carnage symbiote tried to bond to him but was repelled and psychically tortured.
Witnessing Eddie Brock getting taken over by the Dark Carnage symbiote through the Hive-Mind, Dylan used his piece of the symbiote to open a portal of living abyss and remote-piloted the Venom symbiote in an attempt to save his father. However, Dylan was overwhelmed by Dark Carnage, who seized control of the offshoot and attempted to use it to take over him. With Eddie's encouragement, Dylan was able to resist Dark Carnage's will and ripped the offshoot off before using his powers to destroy it.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Speed, Agility, and Reflexes
- Accelerated Healing Factor
- Camouflage Capabilities
- Constituent-Matter Generation
- Offshoot Generation
- Constituent-Matter Manipulation
Electricity: The Carnage-ized Grendel symbiote, like its progenitor, is vulnerable to high voltages of electricity, which can incapacitate it and separate it from its host.
The Carnage-ized Grendel symbiote uses its fangs jaws, talons, and tendrils as weapons.
- The events shown in Web of Venom: The Good Son #1 do not appear to fit into the timeline of Venom Island, leaving its canonicity ambiguous.
- 19 Appearances of Carnage V (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Carnage V (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Media Carnage V (Klyntar) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 11 Images featuring Carnage V (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Carnage V (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Carnage V (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Absolute Carnage #2
- ↑ Absolute Carnage #1
- ↑ Marvel Ultimate Comics: Absolute Carnage Season 1 1-4
- ↑ Absolute Carnage vs. Deadpool #3
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man Vol 5 #30
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man Vol 5 #31
- ↑ Absolute Carnage #5
- ↑ Venom Vol 4 #22
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Venom Vol 4 #23
- ↑ Venom Vol 4 #25
|Like this? Let us know!|