Quotes by Adam Warlock (Earth-616)
- Humanity will fight and die for control over a couple of stones. We will never be free of their burden. So I gave each stone a soul of its own. They will lead their own individual lives. Write their own destinies. Years ago the Soul Gem gave me a soul. Now I think I know why. It's so that I could give that same gift now. These souls will protect themselves or die trying. And if they do, we will be right back here again. In the same story.
- I am about to -- be born!
- I am HIM... not born of man and woman! I was created to be invincible! And those who made me... made me well!
- But I do know... far better than you, Gentlemen. And, if you would know what I know... You have but to look into my eyes!
- You reached for godhood, Warthog--yet, divinity is not built on sham--nor murder! You are but a creature of the mud--grasping to be what you are not! I am Warlock--and thus the violence you engendered shall be returned to you--fourfold!
- This is wrong. He died fighting my battle.
- Never! While I stand I defy your might, and shall ever match it with my own power!
- He who acts with violence takes the side of those who oppose me! If anyone dares commit such acts in my behalf - I shall see he wishes he were never born!
- When my followers' cries wrench my very soul, how can I not but heed them?
- Few people do understand that word, my Friend. For some men, revolution means violence - for others, a quiet change in the social order. Unfortunately... violent men must be dealt with violently... Thus, our weapons.
- I order no one Hulk! For my friendship and help, both freely given, must be freely accepted!
- Of course, I should have realized... those Creatures were my own inner Demons... and the Magus... Magus is Latin for Wise Man... Magician... Warlock!!
- I knew I had lost! I was about to die! It must have been that certainty of Death, this total surrendering to Fate that triggered what happened next! My Soul Gem suddenly came to life of its own volition! I could feel it surge to awareness, free of the Subconscious control I must have had over it all those Months! For the first Time, I felt that Gem's naked, evil Lust flow through me! I stood horrified as the Gem sprang to full life and its Beam flashed forth to engulf Autolycus! My Mind exploded at that Moment! Image upon Sensation upon Thought cascaded into my pitiful Brain! But these were not the random Hallucinations of Madness! No! No! No! This was Autolycus! This was his entire Life passing into my Mind's Eye! Before me lay his every Thought, Deed, Experience and Emotion! I then mercifully passed out! When Consciousness returned, a chill like Death lay upon me, for all was now clear - as clear as Autolycus's Body which sprawled before me no longer alive but neither truly dead! It's said that the Eyes are the Portals to the Soul! I gazed into Autolycus's unseeing Eyes. No Fear, Surprise, Anger, or any Emotion rested within them! Those Eyes will always haunt me, for within them lay nothing!
- It's the... Soul Gem... it fights me... it's trying to... break free from my control... again! I can feel it... it wants to suck in... the Souls... of these fallen Knights... just like it did... to Autolycus... I can't allow this... to happen... not again! I did it! I've got it under control again! But it was so... so hard! I feared it might come to this! The Soul Gem is steadily growing stronger and shedding the Subconscious control I've had over it the last three Years! It seeks to be free to satisfy its unholy Hunger for fresh Souls to suck them out of living Beings! I wear a Fiend upon my Forehead... a Monster I now realize... I must destroy!
- These are Events I have experienced, yet which never happened. Such a Concept is truly maddening! Am I a Madman, Killer and Soul Thief? Or am I yet the simple Fool I was mere Days ago?
- You are known in the far corners of the Galaxy, Stranger, as a power to be feared! But I fear you not!
- My life has been a failure. I welcome its end!
- You have succeeded in releasing me -- the ultimate avenger.
- Let it be known: Adam Warlock, the warrior, returns! Drax the Destroyer, I am coming for you!
- Is there nothing I can say to discourage you from this mad plan?
- Looks like there's a new supreme being in the neighborhood. And he will deal with all matters in his own fashion.
- So, mage, you have elected to stop speaking about me, and begin speaking to me. In that case, I shall let natural law hold sway again -- so that centrifugal force may carry the planets -- back to their boring orbits and equally boring sun. Now... shall we talk?
- Let the Stars know you to be the Infinity Watch!
- But the Memories of Omnipotence fade with the Experience. My descent from Divinity back to this mortal Coil has cost me dearly. I am like one newly released from the Womb. A confused Stranger in an incomprehensible Land.
- They suffered from a conflict between duty and conscience. I exploited that weakness to its fullest. And may the heavens forgive me.
- I am now in contact with the Infinity Gauntlet!
- I am unfit for Duty. I have faced the Horror that gestates within and cannot endure the Reality. Better for the Universe if I were to sleep until the End of Time!
- Adam Warlock is not one to be held in check by mere Hellfire Ash!
- There is something terribly familiar about you.
- Snap out of it Norrin Radd! You are being used by Mephisto!
- When I was this reality's supreme being, I chose to rule through pure logic. To do this, I expelled all good and evil from my soul. Regrettably this move did not keep me from losing my claim on godhood and returning to the flesh. Worse still, this dual exorcism proved a curse to the universe in general. So much for omnipotence and infallibility.
- Have you so soon forgotten our last encounter, Mephisto? Do you not recall your agonizing fate when before you challenged my Soul Gem? Remember too that contest took place within your precious Hades where you once thought yourself supreme! Defy me now and your very existence stands in peril!
- I see now that even without you, I am complete! While you... you are but evil. You will be forever but a shade.
- Change and I are constant companions.
- It seems obvious Thor has plunged deep into the abyss of madness.
- I stand before a man in mental turmoil and anguish... quite insane. My goal is to help him despite the fact that some years back he nearly beat me to death: My most humiliating defeat. Unfortunately, his response to my Offer of aid is exactly as I expected it would be.
- And I am golden, not bronze.
- You use a sledge where a key would be best applied. Thor's sanity is locked away. You must free his psyche, not contend with the insanity that envelops it.
- If we cure Thor, both he and Asgard will be eternally grateful.
- See now, dear Delegates, the Power of Adam Warlock alone. I and my Infinity Watch have chosen Earth as our Home. Given the Chance we will prove to be good Neighbours. But continue to harass us and we shall turn unfriendly - perhaps even hostile. Trust me, you wouldn't like seeing us like that.
- Behold the Stronghold of Count Abyss!
- Even if I were not a Man of my Word, even if I were inclined to break my Alliance with the Mole Man, do you think I could ever trust a Man who seizes Power so unscrupulously as you? Do you take for a Fool?
- I do not know, Strange. But I promise you... there will come a Time when I will ask your Creator that very Question.
- Yes, of course. It is the only Way. The Gem shall show me the Truth.
- Zakaius! You did this! Your reckless insolence in Combat cost these People their Homes... nearly their Lives!
- You are in Soulworld now, interloper-- A world beyond the effects of time and the domain of Adam Warlock!
- We have shared souls, Surfer. I know you.
- Ah, Death...once again, your embrace proves fleeting. How I long for the days when your named implied permanence -- a concept I fear now lacking all meaning. Very well. However reluctantly -- Adam Warlock lives again!
- Though I was no longer the slave of a vampiric Soul Gem, I remembered those days all too well and to look upon this Prince of Void was to see what I might have become, had I surrendered to the Gem's corruption.
- There has to be some Way to remove the Soul Gem, Mentor! I've grown weary of its vampiric Legacy. Its Thirst for Souls becomes harder to control with each passing Day.
- Emotions seem only to confuse my thinking processes.
- Darker motives spur on the titan. For him, rebuilding his resources is of paramount importance. When my mind was linked with his I felt just how close Thanos is to gaining that new secret prize he craves. So the hunt resumes, and ebon passions burn. Yes, I believe the Titan will soon unearth his latest substitute for happiness and contentment. And once again he will find it unfulfilling and wanting. On that day, let the universe tremble. For then someone will surely have to pay for that bitter disappointment.
- Sometimes trying too hard is the problem. Sometimes surrendering is the only path to victory.
- Only you, Titan. Congratulations. You are clearly a person one does not easily forget.
- None of that Bitten-by-a-Radioactive-Spider Claptrap here.
- Hello Adam. My Name is Smith. Do you understand?
- Look at him. The Powers of a God. But so ridiculously Human. So convinced of his Superiority, so ready for Anger.
- I'm sorry, I don't know who you are... I don't really know who I am, either.
- So the Shi'ar have a new ruler, a strong figurehead to lead them into this dangerous new age. If they could only see what I can see. If they could only see half of the horror that the Fault will bring to their universe. I pity the Shi'ar! They have spent so long agonizing about who will rule...when we all know the Magus will rule in the end!
- Don't apologize. Remember, we still hold one supreme advantage over them. They think I'm dead. And while they believe that, they will be absolutely unprepared for what I am about to unleash.
- The Clash of Stones is upon us -- time has no meaning.
- Everyone that has ever been in my position to wield infinite power has been undone by their choices. Perhaps I should not decide the outcome... maybe they should.
- And that's the truth about the end of Arthur Douglas, the beginning of Drax the Destroyer and then the rebirth of Arthur Douglas.
Conversations with Adam Warlock (Earth-616)
All items (66)
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 67
- Thor Vol 1 166
- Marvel Premiere Vol 1 2
- Warlock Vol 1 4
- Warlock Vol 1 5
- Warlock Vol 1 6
- Warlock Vol 1 7
- Warlock Vol 1 8
- Incredible Hulk Vol 1 177
- Incredible Hulk Vol 1 178
- Strange Tales Vol 1 178
- Strange Tales Vol 1 179
- Strange Tales Vol 1 180
- Warlock Vol 1 12
- Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 55
- Avengers Annual Vol 1 7
- Marvel Two-In-One Annual Vol 1 2
- Silver Surfer Vol 3 46
- Silver Surfer Vol 3 47
- Infinity Gauntlet Vol 1 6
- Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Vol 1 36
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 2
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 3
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 4
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 7
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 370
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 15
- Silver Surfer/Warlock: Resurrection Vol 1 3
- Infinity Crusade Vol 1 1
- Silver Surfer/Warlock: Resurrection Vol 1 4
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 17
- Warlock Chronicles Vol 1 2
- Warlock Chronicles Vol 1 3
- Warlock Chronicles Vol 1 4
- Warlock Chronicles Vol 1 5
- Silver Surfer Vol 3 87
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 23
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 24
- Thor Vol 1 471
- Warlock Chronicles Vol 1 8
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 28
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 31
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 35
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 36
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 37
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 38
- Rune/Silver Surfer Vol 1 1
- Cosmic Powers Unlimited Vol 1 1
- Rune Vol 2 Infinity
- Ultraverse Unlimited Vol 1 1
- Warlock Vol 4 1
- Warlock Vol 4 2
- Infinity Abyss Vol 1 6
- Marvel Universe: The End Vol 1 6
- Thanos Vol 1 1
- Thanos Vol 1 2
- Warlock Vol 6 1
- Warlock Vol 6 2
- Warlock Vol 6 4
- Annihilation: Conquest Vol 1 1
- War of Kings: Who Will Rule? Vol 1 1
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 22
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 150
- Infinity Wars Vol 1 6
- Infinity Wars: Fallen Guardian Vol 1 1