Quotes by Akihiro (Earth-616)
- I never knew my father. I was raised... to be someone different than him. And now I'm supposed to be him. I never asked for that, but when the opportunity found me... I was curious. I wanted to know what it was like. To have people look at me and see... my father.
- You know what this place kinda looks like? I'm calling this place the Boneyard.
- The Pride. The covert rulers of Los Angeles' underworld for a quarter of a century. Time-travellers, telepathic mutates, alien invaders, mad scientists and dark wizards. Silly, powerful terms. Deadly terms. Their existence unknown for years before their apparent deaths.
- We'll meet again. "Dad".
- Can you see me...as I truly am? I am the inheritor of the earth. When all of your kind have gone to dust......I will remain.
- No, mother. I consider you a fool. And I consider your baby to be unworthy.
- All of you think you've got the right to mess with my head. Recruit me. Save me. Use me. I think maybe it's time you two learned a lesson.
- I remember what I am...and what I'm destined to become. This world is mine for the taking, Cyber......and I do not plan to share it.
- But tell me, Lester -- did you kill your father because he touched you... ...or because you liked it?
- I never knew my father. I was raised...to be someone different than him. And now I'm supposed to be him. I never asked for that, but when the opportunity found me...I was curious. I wanted to know what it was like. To have people look at me and see...my father.
- I'll join your X-Men, Norman. But I am not my father. You do not know me and I am not insane. Insanity is putting on a goblin outfit and laughing like a lunatic when you throw exploding pumpkins at strangers, wouldn't you say?
- You are under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. If you get there.
- You'll do what ever I want, no matter what I want, and with almost no effort on my part.
- Patience, Norman. Patience. All good things come to those who wait.
- There is no god above me. And below me are only corpses......and converts.
- Power keeps you from getting hurt. Power gives you peace of mind, knowing you're safe from the world. Power gives you space to breathe.
- So, sorry Frank......you lose. Again.
- My father's life is so small, so caught up in its own gravity. There's no scope. No vision. That's why I don't even want it. I want something else......something more.
- Now, I will live in my own shadow. I will become a shadow. As well as the light that creates it. My time has come. Beware the fury of a patient man.
- If you kill her, there's nowhere you'll be safe... Even in Hell.
- Call me whatever you want. But don't use my real name. That is between you and me.
- Fair lady. You will survive. The blast has left you only temporarily paralyzed. After all...I have big plans for you.
- Everyone knows exactly what you are. A man who would betray a friend at the drop of a hat. Or for a little bit of righteousness. You'll do the same to her, one day. And you'll tell yourself...it's okay.
- Maybe power is all I have. Or all I need.
- I came to say goodbye. You're not going to see me for a while. I choose......to live my own life.
- I've been in L.A. for two weeks. I was given the impression that, since the Pride fell, Los Angeles was there for the taking. But persons unknown appear to have taken it. It's slightly difficult to kill your way to the top when you don't know who to kill.
- I am brilliant and beautiful. Anything I want on this earth I can take and no one can stop me. Simply, I am bored.
- You know, even according to the ludicrous standards of super-people......you really do have the most laughable costume.
- As if I'd be the "Claws Killer". Such a gauche sobriquet. Someone's been playing me for a fool, and I think I may know who it is.
- I can feel the skin on my back burn and the pain, instead of easing, builds and builds. Heat did this to me! Heat has made me......ordinary.
- Question: How do you kill a member of the Pride? Answer to earlier question: I don't know. But I heard about some kids who do.
- You're the Runaways, right? I have some information...something you need to know...The Pride has returned!
- I used children and a drug addict to beat you. I leave you alive so you'll suffer with that knowledge. I am not insane. Only the weak are insane... Darling.
- When I first came to Los Angeles... I want to build something. I want to create. I tried. Really I did. But some things are simply beyond one's control. Some people... ugly people... are simply not meant to create. They are born to destroy.
- Amid all the noise, you want the ultimate truth? I never really liked you.
- ...he discovers that all he ever has been is a puppet to his wounds and weaknesses. I so desperately wanted to leave him with nothing.
- See there, kid. No matter what my old man and his geek friends were spelling you... I got the straight dope. Learned the hard way... "bad guy" is a better side of the coin to land on.
- Look, I'll be honest with you -- those twins have seen the future. Everything is planned perfectly. Your friends, they'll try and stop us -- but it's hopeless. And I know you hear that a lot, but this time -- it really is.
- Ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen! You can't leave just yet. The security here is very good. Every exit is sealed... Except this hole in the concrete behind me. I have something I'd like to say. Please do me the courtesy of listening. These artifacts are my father's remains. My father's. I know you want what's let of him. To study, or to put to other uses. To worship. To revile. To revive. I don't care which. You shall not have them. You have no right to them. From this moment foward, let it be known-- Anyone who makes any move... any move at all, with intent to buy, sell, trade, or replicate any piece of the Wolverine...that person will die unfulfilled. Painfully. Suddenly. By my hand. On my honor. Three of you will live to deliver this message. The rest will be my demonstration.
- Loving your idea of a party, by the way. Very ABC Family. I suspect my invite got lost in the paperless post?
- This is going to be one messed-up team challenge.
Conversations with Akihiro (Earth-616)
All items (47)
- Wolverine: Origins Vol 1 10
- Wolverine: Origins Vol 1 11
- Wolverine: Origins Vol 1 26
- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 218
- Wolverine: Origins Vol 1 32
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 75
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 76
- Dark X-Men: The Beginning Vol 1 2
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 78
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 79
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 81
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 82
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 83
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 84
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 85
- Wolverine: Origins Vol 1 47
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 87
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 89
- Dark Wolverine Vol 1 90
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 1
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 2
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 5
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 6
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 8
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 9
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 9.1
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 10
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 11
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 12
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 15
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 16
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 17
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 18
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 19
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 20
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 21
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 22
- Daken: Dark Wolverine Vol 1 23
- Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 27
- Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 30
- Uncanny Avengers Vol 1 10
- Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy Vol 1 5
- Iceman Vol 3 9
- Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer Vol 1 1