Quotes by Charles Xavier (Earth-616)
- On behalf of the X-Men, Hank, I'd like to wish you all possible luck in your new position.
- Class is now in session! Tardiness will be punished!
- You wanted to see what a world without the X-Men would have looked like. Today it looked like an alien parasite infecting a town. Tomorrow, who can say what it will be? Warren understood. You don't get to pretend that nothing is wrong forever. It catches up to you. So you all can have another of your pity parties and blame me for why your lives turned out the way they did. But when you're crying about how sad everything is, just remember... it doesn't matter. Either save the world or let it die -- those are the only choices you'll ever have. Come tomorrow, you'll have moved on and I won't even be a distant memory.
- I have a friend. This fight is not his, but he did send out a magnetic pulse to make sure there were no systems operating that you could bring to life.
- The X-Men do not give up. They stand up.
- We don't have twenty years. The Shadow King you fought is not the one you're fighting now. He's boosted his powers somehow, and he's on the verge of escaping into the real world. If that happens, darkness everywhere. You need to trust me.
- Choose, Psylocke. Will you stand here trembling like a cow in the slaughterhouse, waiting to feel his claws inside you... or will you fight?
- The Shadow King collected my spirit somehow, and brought me here, to the Astral Plane.
- There is something about the way the X-Men fight. Their history together -- all those victories, defeats, secrets, lies, betrayals, love and hate -- it makes them something only they can be. They fight for themselves, and for us, but also for what they are. Every battle is a statement. We are mutantkind. Look how beautiful we are.
- He wants to bring the Astral Plane here.
- Oppression is no excuse for vengeance -- for murder. I wonder... does the death of innocent people -- cut down on the streets as they flee -- free you? I think not.
- Scott and Emma are falling under the Phoenix's dark influence. I need to ensure that mutantkind doesn't fall with them.
- Those feelings are what mark Bishop as a great X-Man. They are his true power. His commitment to his teammates...to what the X-Men represent -- his spirit embodies what my dream is all about. He has chosen his heart over his past. He is, heart and soul, one us us. And few have paid a greater price.
- Bishop... you have no idea.
- Give up, Cyclops? I'll never do that!
- Any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for.
- My name is Charles Xavier. I am a mutant. And once upon a time I had a dream... of a world where all Earth's children, both mutant and baseline human, might live together in peace. This isn't it. This is today's reality.
- "Violence and destruction always seem to come so easily to even the best among us. But together, we found a better way."
- "There is a moment when I pray it's the lightning that wakes me. But from the start I know that isn't true."
- Welcome to the Republic of Genosha. This is all it takes, really. Two hands clasped in fellowship, pledging to build something better.
- I will take him with me, Mr. Grimm. Given time -- and luck -- I believe I can help him cure the madness and teach him to cope with his power. Yes... given time...
- You, my friend, are a mutant -- and I have a need of mutants -- desperate need!
- You cannot have children. You never could. Now stop abusing your mutant powers and put it back. You're only hurting yourself.
- Very well... then let it be known -- let the word spread: Krakoa is for all mutants. Welcome home.
- And with those laws decided, we must decide what to do with you, Mr. Creed... who has broken them. Do we believe that giving you one last chance benefits our new society... or are we better served by making an example of you? That no one is above mutant law?
- Magnus... Maybe the message isn't coming through. There's so much confusion. So much anxiety. But what I'm trying to tell you... Is that you were right all along.
- Enough! The discussion is ended! Prepare yourselves -- we go to join -- Magneto!
- Nor do I have his powers, though I trust I simulated them convincingly. I regret the distasteful charade, but a bit of misdirection was necessary to protect my true identity...
- Run! Get out of here, sound the alarm!
- I'm a teacher, Jack -- a healer -- I don't kill.
- I... am very pleased to meet you, David.
- It wasn't that long ago that you were a teenager, Danielle. You can connect with these kids.
- A new generation of mutants is emerging, that much is certain. They will be called freaks. Genetic monstrosities. [...] But they are emerging in the inner cities, in the suburbs, in the deserts and the jungles. And when they emerge, they will need teachers, people who can help them overcome their anger and show them how to use their strange gifts responsibly. They will need us.
- She died protecting the lives of others. She laid down her life for the dream.
- Ghost stories, Jean? Sixteen million mutants died here on one day... is it any wonder there are ghost stories?
- Because her truth is profound and life-changing. And apart, we always lose. We believe it's only together that you and I -- that all our people -- can survive.
- I've had years to reflect, to consider how different he is from the rest of his kind. Somehow he found a way to overcome his nature and live on his own terms.
- The struggle is real.
- It was Banner......it was the man inside the monster.
- No, Scott -- Jean -- thank you... I'm fine... for now...
- You've usurped... my place and powers... long enough!
- My back is shattered, a parting gift from the Shadow King... it appears if I am ever to achieve my dream... I will need all of you... to walk me there.
- Let us all hope your confidence in me is well founded. Because, my students, I am proud to formally introduce you to Bishop -- the newest X-Man!
- If you will not take responsibility for yourself, Magneto... then God help me I will!
- Even so, X-Men... he managed to achieve a remarkably accurate forgery of Wolverine. Both physically and psychologically, for quite some time. The implications are staggering, to say the least.
- First, the five of you are going to steal a spaceship... and then we're going to put ourselves in the path of Vulcan's fury... and hope we can bring him back to his humanity before it's too late.
- It's obvious that this fair has too much to see in just one day! We'll have to return tomorrow starting at the Cotton Bowl!
- This mansion is still a school, and I consider all those who live under its roof students. Even you still have something to learn. If not from me... then, perhaps, from Kitty.
- You're a Headmaster now, Professor Logan. Best accept the fact that you will never again seem even remotely "cool" to any of your students. And you haven't even started losing your hair yet. Which you will, by the way.
- Sometimes it seems that in mutant heaven, there are no pearly gates, but instead revolving doors.
- We think you're ready to join the X-Men.
- I assured them you could be trusted. And I'm assuring you now that they can be trusted. All mutants can be trusted. We are in this together. Krakoa is not a prison. Krakoa is both our refuge and our fortress. And you would do well to welcome your friends... and beware your enemies.
- To me, my X-Force.
- This contact was a disaster! He way completely distruct me and my X-Men now. He's more dangerous than ever, to himself and everyone else around him. For his own sake - for the sake of the world - we must find him again!
- I'm alerting everyone, including those in my underground, to be on the lookout for this boy. He's extremely powerful, barely in control and very, very dangerous.
- I... I wish I could... but... I assume in some way, Wanda Maximoff gave me back the use of my legs because she wanted to show me what being a cripple really was... because I can't use telepathy... I'm not a mutant anymore.
- Exodus missed, that's all... His strategy was to show me my own folly, my own weakness. He made me relive every mistake that Charles Xavier had ever made. Every scrap of guilt that could be laid at his door. But the man who made those mistakes is dead. His failings and his failures died with him. I have the chance -- the possibility -- to be someone better.
- I've lost some of my memories. Because of an accident. I thought--one way to retrieve them might be to access the memories of people I've been close to. People who were with me at different stages of my life.
- This Is My Body. My Mind. GET OUT!
- Jean told me once -- that death and birth can sometimes be the same thing. That when your life stops, new possibilities open up. ... I'm glad I got to see you again, Scott -- and that I leave the X-Men in such good hands. Goodbye.
- You're right, Cain. Redemption isn't always possible. But understanding is. I understand you better now, and I know you've chosen the path you walk. For you own sake -- don't stray onto mine.
- This is no shelter. This is a dollhouse you built for my son to play in. ... As soon as anyone takes a close look at your Fortress X, the cracks start to show.
- I was wrong. Not about me. About you. You've done what I could never do: You've united mutantkind and provided us a safe haven and a common purpose. You made it happen. Except it's suddenly not so safe. We've only just come into being, yet it may all be gone by this time tomorrow. Unless you make your first big decision as our leader a good one.
- Many scenarios are available; such as engaging the Brood or attempting to evade a Sentinel patrol.
- To me, my X-Men!
- I... am very pleased to meet you, David.
- I just let it know that despite appearances, no species rules the Earth and that there's room for all of us.
- Yet no one can decide that for any of you. If we want what's best for Warren, then we may have to... ...let go.
- I wouldn't worry, Jean. I think Robert's new endeavor will wrap up soon.
- Piotr, my friend... I suspect you have not seen anything yet. Welcome, Colossus... to the X-Men.
- Yes, well, I won't sugar coat it, Mister Grey. This is only the smallest first step on a long and difficult journey.
- It was a psionic "presence", for lack of a better word -- falling to Earth, entering our atmosphere. Unequivocaly, more powerful than any I've ever felt before...
- Class is now in session! Tardiness will be punished!
- I will... miss you, Scott.
- The greatest power on Earth is the magnificent power we all of us possess... the power of the human brain!
- The X-Men are scarcely children any more! They've each proved themselves a hundred times in deadly combat! It's time they looked like individuals – not products of an assembly line!
- I see you haven't read the novel, Bobby -- which I assigned last spring! In it, Victor Frankenstein pursued his grotesque creation into the Arctic regions! And there -- near the top of the world -- he died!
- You've proven you can think and act for yourselves!! Your training period is over!! Congratulations, my X-Men!!
- Each microsecond you delay the invasion will be invaluable! I need not stress the importance of your mission! There is nothing left to say but goodbye...and Godspeed! Now go -- quickly!
- I have decided that you, the X-Man known as Cyclops, shall be group leader until I return!
- Dear God, Erik -- this has to end. You... have to end.
- We have awesome powers, my X-Men. It is our birthright... And, perhaps, our burden. But, as Valerie Said, with that power comes responsibility -- and also accountability. I owe it to the Fantastic Four...the Avengers... To everyone who was injured by Onslaught to go now. It is the right thing to do. It is the best thing to do.
- I've spent enough time running -- both literally and figuratively. It's high time I went back home.
- They've merged! Physically, Cyclops and Apocalypse have become one! And as for Scott's spirit, his very soul -- I can sense nothing!
- I've had years to reflect, to consider how different he is from the rest of his kind. Somehow he found a way to overcome his nature and live on his own terms. He's not like Dracula, Jubilee, not like Xarus. And you don't have to be either.
- Do you think I've completely given up on my dream of mutants and humans coexisting peacefully? Do you think I don't love you? Because I do. I do... and I want you to always remember that. Someone once told me that I've spent my whole life dreaming the wrong dream... And I'll admit -- the last month has been something of an education -- but there's a small part of me that will never stop believing in that dream. There's a part of me that will never stop believing in you. But it took one month before you tried to kill me. And you were going to try again today, weren't you?
- With Hannah Connover lies the possibility of understanding the Brood better. Perhaps of even changing them. She is literally an embodiment of hope. In that, she represents part of my dream -- part of the very reason I formed you, my X-Men.
Conversations with Charles Xavier (Earth-616)
All items (94)
- X-Men Vol 1 1
- X-Men Vol 1 2
- X-Men Vol 1 5
- X-Men Vol 1 7
- X-Men Vol 1 39
- X-Men Vol 1 40
- X-Men Vol 1 65
- Amazing Adventures Vol 2 11
- Captain America Vol 1 174
- Giant-Size Fantastic Four Vol 1 4
- Giant-Size X-Men Vol 1 1
- Amazing Adventures Vol 3 1
- X-Men Vol 1 138
- Uncanny X-Men at the State Fair of Texas Vol 1 1
- Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars Vol 1 3
- New Mutants Vol 1 23
- New Mutants Vol 1 27
- New Mutants Vol 1 28
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 277
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 280
- X-Factor Vol 1 70
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 287
- Stryfe's Strike File Vol 1 1
- X-Men: Survival Guide to the Mansion Vol 1 1
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 304
- Wolverine Vol 2 75
- Avengers Vol 1 369
- X-Men Archives Vol 1 3
- Bishop Vol 1 4
- X-Force Vol 1 44
- X-Men Prime Vol 1 1
- X-Man Vol 1 10
- X-Man Vol 1 11
- X-Men Vol 2 57
- X-Men vs Brood Vol 1 2
- X-Men Vol 2 84
- X-Men: Magneto War Vol 1 1
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 375
- X-Men Vol 2 97
- Bishop the Last X-Man Vol 1 15
- X-Men Vol 2 111
- New X-Men Vol 1 114
- New X-Men Vol 1 131
- New X-Men Vol 1 132
- Mystique Vol 1 2
- New Mutants Vol 2 2
- Excalibur Vol 3 1
- Excalibur Vol 3 4
- Excalibur Vol 3 5
- Excalibur Vol 3 7
- Astonishing X-Men Vol 3 11
- House of M Vol 1 1
- X-Men: Deadly Genesis Vol 1 5
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 475
- X-Men First Class Vol 1 1
- Wolverine: First Class Vol 1 1
- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 210
- X-Men First Class Vol 2 12
- X-Men Origins: Colossus Vol 1 1
- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 211
- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 214
- X-Men Origins: Jean Grey Vol 1 1
- X-Men First Class Vol 2 16
- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 216
- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 219
- Weapon X: First Class Vol 1 3
- Avengers Vol 4 10
- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 247
- X-Men Vol 3 11
- X-Men: Prelude to Schism Vol 1 1
- Wolverine and the X-Men Vol 1 1
- Avengers vs. X-Men Vol 1 8
- Avengers vs. X-Men Vol 1 10
- Savage Hulk Vol 2 3
- Savage Hulk Vol 2 4
- Magneto Vol 3 12
- Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 3
- Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 4
- Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 5
- Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 6
- Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 9
- Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 12
- Astonishing X-Men Annual Vol 2 1
- Powers of X Vol 1 2
- House of X Vol 1 5
- House of X Vol 1 6
- X-Force Vol 6 1
- X-Force Vol 6 3
- X-Men Vol 5 4
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.