Quotes by Edward Brock (Earth-616)
- You only need to trust yourself. Is this who you really want to be? Some crime boss, pulling strings, benefitting from theft and murder? We just risked our lives stopping a man who was doing that. You've lost your empire... but weren't you always lucky? Now you can follow your own code. Punish the people who truly deserve it. Protect the innocent. After all, Cat... this city always need heroes.
- Everyone's got an angel and a devil on their shoulder. That's what they said in group. What matters is which one you listen to. That's what they said in group. Jenna's my angel. I have to listen to her... ...or the devil might start talking again. I'm a force of good now. I've been given the gift of healing. I could heal this guy's hepatitis, even... If I wanted to. When I meet Jenna her veins were full of poison. But I used my powers to cleanse her. She was reborn. New. She now helps me navigate the streets. Helps me cut the cancer out of society. She's the proof that I can do good.
- Men like these... They bring out the evil in people. That's how they make their money. They don't want you to change for the good... So I show them the old me.
- The darkness that blankets this city is nothing. Nothing! Not compared to the shroud that Spider-Man pulled over me! He stole my life... shattered it... then cast it aside like yesterday's news! So it is only fitting, only fair, that I do the same to him! And I will. Very... very... soon!
- Hi, honey... I'm home!
- Welcome to my neighborhood, Spider-Man! Would you be my... could you be my... neighbor?
- I only hate... spiders!
- Parker's wife didn't know where he was, either, and I found him before. I'll find him again!
- Hi. I'm Eddie Brock. Can Peter come out and play?
- I wonder if the hearse has a siren?
- Hi. I'm Eddie Brock. Remember me?
- Welcome to casa Venom, be it ever so humble... filthy... rat-infested...!
- How you survived isn't important! That you survived is! For again, we are one! The one called -- VENOM And Venom wants to play!
- Yesterday, we told that mugger you were ours! Now... you are!
- Why, you're in paradise, Spider-Man! Can you think of a better place -- to die?
- You're doomed, Carnage! I'm older, wiser, more experienced!
- Eyes! Lungs! Pancreas! So many snacks, so little time!
- All right, Spider-Man -- LET'S MAKE A DEAL! You don't come after us -- we won't come after you! Fair enough?
- You -- Carnage! We thought we were done with you! But we've come back to make sure that this time... YOU DIIIEEE!
- He did this! If it wasn't for him this never would have happened! He took my wife from me! Now... ...we are going to take everything away from him!
- Leave me alone! I have to get in the church! Have to talk to God! I am alone now... my wife gone... my other torn from me by that creature... ...I need guidance!
- We've neutralized the gas, Tru. And now we've got hostages -- lots of 'em. All the Guardsmen and anyone else dumb enough to be in our reach. And one of 'em's going to die every five minutes -- unless you set us free!
- Ironic, right? The one guy in the world I'd really like to chainsaw into bite-size pieces -- is the one guy I gotta keep from getting killed. Gotta hand it to the man upstairs -- he does love a joke.
- I wonder if Jubulile was right, what she said before. I wonder if He heard that prayer. Then I wonder if it matters anymore. God help us? Who's gonna help Him?
- You three relax and enjoy the ride. You always knew it would come down to him and me. No more trick guns, no more traps, no more werewolves. Symbiote against symbiote. Toxin against Carnage. It's a family thing.
- To know us is to love us!
- Welcome. Our name is Venom. This is our Island. We'll kill you as mercifully as we can.
- We're coming for you, Darkhawk! Tonight you're Venom's prey!
- LETS DANCE!, put on you red shoes and dance the blues, LETS DANCE!, to the song they're playing on the RAAAAA-DIIIIO...
- That's where you are wrong. It's not about control, or following orders like a soldier. It's about us. We. We are Venom!
- Ghost Rider! You let Spider-Man escape my grasp! For that you will die!
- We are Venom. We know the evil that men do.
- Stand in our way and Venom will feast on your entrails!
- If this is a dream -- then we're the hero...that makes you the villain. So...you're dead! See, there are some things as sharp as your claws!
- The Vault can't hold us, punk! We've broken out of here twice already!
- Fingers trembling, I unwrap the package. Legs almost buckling beneath me, I slip the costume on. It's cheap nylon. It hangs loosely on my body. It's nothing like the symbiote. But it's everything... the only thing... I need now.
- Look. Look how I cut him out.
- You are guilty of kidnapping, wreckless endangerment, and destruction of city property.
- [...] That symbiote you hate so much... might just save your life!
- Spider-Man?? Something I had to say about him. Something very important that everyone should--must know! But since dynamite blast--so cloudy...I don't remember...I don't remember......don't remember at all.
- You ruined it, wallcrawler. I wanted to put some serious mileage between this place and me. But you couldn't let it go! Ya had to keep pushing me... until finally I just had to push back.
- We are the victim of outrageous lies and vicious gossip! Carnage kills indiscriminately and at random... we choose our victims most carefully!
- Your senseless slaughter of innocents is about to end, Kasady!
- Way too late to rescue their formerly fearless leader! Without this clown's cowardly second-rate symbiote-wannabe -- big, bad killer Kasady is just another scoop of face meat!
- Did you really think... we would cry and beg... for mercy? You're the pathetic crybaby in this family, little boy... not us! Now... excuse us -- while we escape!
- We'll recruit the toughest, the most vicious bunch of fighters we can find -- and we'll crush Carnage's gang like the cockroaches they are! But, remember -- KASADY IS MINE!!
- I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen: the suit's changing-- it's evolved. I'm all tapped out-- it can't use me no more. All this time I thought it wanted to be with me... ...but it only ever wanted you.
- --now I know everything she ever knew! But that means......she knows as much about me!!!
- I promise, Ann--! --Eddie Brock will not come down there!
- No! We must redirect our anger----channel our restive energies toward the ruthless parasites who prey on the innocent!
- What is this? Some kind of contract?
- We have each other. No one can take that away. We have each other. Forever.
- We're not monster! We're not! We can't be! No! No!
- We can't go on like this. It's got to stop. It's got to.
- "My name is Eddie Brock, and I used to have a symbiotic relationship with an alien. When the Other left, it took half of me with it. Can’t live without it. Can’t live with what it’s become. I remember a t-shirt my ex-wife gave me a long time ago. ‘If you love something, set it free; if it doesn’t come back to you – hunt it down and kill it.’
- Funny thing. Turns out chocolate’s a good source of the phenethylamine the Other needs. So, as long as I remember to buy it presents now and then – we’re gonna live happily ever after.
- But we promised Ann that we would never try to kill Spider-Man again! And she said that if we could separate into Eddie and the other for good-- --she might consider taking Eddie back!
- Do they have white phosphorous grenades on your cesspool of a planet?
- We'll spin your spine till it corkscrews your head! And for you, we'll punch your bladder up the back of your throat!
- There! An innocent! Hello, kitty. I'm VENOM. Do you need saving today?
- Yes, we make a great hero! We can bash with the best of them! Heh heh. We'll be back!
- You're an obscenity, Carnage! You were given a gift of power from the very stars-- --and you would use it to kill innocents!! You deserve to get your brains scooped out with a runcible spoon!
- Nothing is going right with us!! Arrrrgh! We just don't deserve to have so much psychic pain!! But we can fix it right up, can't we?? We will fix it right up with some feel-good romping and stomping on our old pal Carnage!!!
- He wants out-- --and what he wants that bad, we're not going to give him! Let him rot in that place, and let him think about who put him back in there-- --us!!
- Yeah! Rats with a high soprano! Watch out for the fangs-- and that other thing! Like we have to tell you about fangs!
- Hey! For a cackling psychopath with lousy tailoring, you do good work! You should think about staying big like that, Demo--might be a good look for y-- Well, too late...
- Don't you losers ever learn..? --that if you mess with Venom... ...you get your brains eaten!!
- We're all on the same side here. But you're blowing our quiet little rescue -- of a fellow journalist undercover in a local gang.
- Wait! We lose sight of our mission! Must find the reporter... before it is too late! We must not be late!
- Call on us at your own risk!
- Your joy is reward enough -- and sends me leaping happily on my way.
- MURDERER! He was only protecting hearth and home! So let your punishment fit the crime! And since your partner made no attempt to prevent that heinous act -- Let him share the just retribution! Heh.
- We should kill you, but your instant of compassion has bought you your life!
- Perhaps we'll smash all of your masks first! Yes! That should make it much easier to decide -- whose face we want to eat first!
- That's it! We'll widen the beam and use it on all of them, destroy them before they can harm more innocents!
- We will be your friend, and more! From this day forward, all innocents can consider themselves under our protection! And whoever would dare do them harm will answer to... VENOM!
- Call me sleazy, huh? I'll eat your medulla oblongata!!
- Do you know how honked off it makes us that after we trash, bash and smash all of you......there aren't even going to be any brains to eat?
- I don't see why the salmon do this every year......how much better can the mating be upstream?
- Electricity hurts us, but it doesn't kill us. Just makes us angrier! And you have made us about as angry as we can get!
- It's not going to be easy, Knight... ...we are feeling rather annoyed with these stalkers... ...very, very annoyed!
- You hurt us before! It won't happen again! Now how about you take off your costume, buddy......and we finish this man to symbiote!
- Too much has happened to both of us for things to go back to exactly the way they were before. I need some time to think about the way things were between us. I need to know how much of what I've done in the past was because of you......and how much of it was me! And a real big part of me is afraid to have those questions answered.
- Oh, don't thank us. It's what heroes do. Just remember when you tell your friends later... and you know you will......tell them how handsome we were too!
- Here's one for you-- "Exclusive! Sin-Eater revealed!" Eddie Brock A.K.A.-- --Venom!
- We're going to make you all right again, Ann......we promise. I promise.
- A whole clip at point blank range in the face is even little much for my other to cope with-- --but as soon as we get ourselves together, we are going to reduce you to steak tartare!
- Welcome back, my other. It was starting to feel wrong without all the familiar nightmares running through my brain. You sort of get used to living in hell's side pocket.
- The last thing we want to do, Beck! We'll recall the symbiote from our face -- for you.
- This is your doing, villain! Another innocent hurt... ...one important to us!
- These villains force our hand......we must save Beck!
- I live for these moments, Spider-Man. Me... Eddie Brock. Beating you down... Like the weak-kneed little boy that you are... And then leaving you there. Broken, knowing that any time I want... We can come back and do it again.
- Oooo... sexy. We love liberated women.
- I must go protect the innocent creatures that maniac is trying to hunt. I'll try to keep Alchemax's name out of it.
- You're the Spider-Woman. We've heard of you.
- It's either you now... or the entire planet later.
- Kill -- Venom!
- No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. Venom's old news... All played out. These days I prefer to be called-- Toxin!
- I'm not done with you! I'm gonna come back for you, Flash. Gonna teach you a lesson. Show you how dangerous a monster can be! And not just yours!
- Rumor has it that a symbiote is loose in New York. Somebody care to bring me up to speed?
- We're back!
- You don't go through the fire... not like this... and remain unchanged.
- Venom? Venom's gone. Feels like it's been gone forever. Maybe I'm just worn out... but everything I remember about it... everything that made Venom real... is all so distant and murky... like a dream that's fading away.
- If our day is coming... let it come.
- We couldn't figure it out. Why we kept losing control... the voices... the nightmares... every time we lost control and turned into that... thing... we thought we were going insane... but we know better now. My other was just reacting instinctively. Like an animal... baring its teeth to its alpha. Showing its belly to the same monster S.H.I.E.L.D. cut up and used to create those soldiers. The primordial symbiote that carried Knull's darkness across the stars... the Grendel. The alley. The warehouse. The rooftoop. My other was reacting to something else. Protecting me. We should have seen it. It was never us. It was you. Now... show us your teeth.
- Much as I hate to admit it... Flash Thompson was a badass Venom.
- Carnage. Son. I never thought I'd say this but-- How would you feel about a temporary--a very temporary--alliance with your old man?
- We comprise a symbiote. I share this body with an alien other. But the part of me that is human still retains my original unaltered DNA.
- Somebody has to do it, Matt......somebody has to save Spider-Man!
- Frankly, Carnage......no. You're just a self-centered geek who likes to inflict pain and suffering on others......you're a scum!
- I'd say it's pretty simple, Webs. It means -- we've got a fight on our hands.
- Way I see it, these Poisons might be hard cases now, but that wasn't always the way. Before they found out that Venom Symbiotes would turn them into monsters, they were weak, cowardly. That just gave them a shot in the arm. Gave them a kick in the rear, but it turned them into bullies, too. Guess we all know a thing or two about that. But we aren't the ones hunting people -- consuming people. We chose to be better -- to be protectors. They think that's a weakness. Despite taking dozens of us, they still don't know the truth. That valuing life doesn't make you incapable of taking it when survival is at stake. They won't know how to deal with us... not when we stop running... not when we start hitting back... not when we're willing to die fighting them.
- Big boys like you shouldn't make promises... you can't keep from breaking! So we'll wash your dirty little lungs out with... us!
- Come to papa, Carnage... we have some serious catching up to do!
- No. No. No. No. These Guardsmen were just doing their jobs. But now that the crash has set me free... the killers that snuffed out their innocent lives will suffer at the hands of... Venom!!!
- Wrong bad guy, Johnny! Now point that thing somewhere else, because... we're surrounded!
- Thanks, killer, but after I'm done eating Spider-Man's spleen... I'm coming for you. 'cause I'm that kind of guy!
- I'm alone. Carnage is coming and I'm going to have to face him alone.
- That's the place. The guy inside -- he's called Haze Mancer -- he can tell us about those space pirates of yours.
Conversations with Edward Brock (Earth-616)
Venom (Eddie Brock)
Venom (Patricia Robertson)
- You are Brock. I am symbiote. WE....ARE....VENOM!!!!!!!!!!
All items (126)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.