Quotes by Elizabeth Braddock (Earth-616)
- And I never felt that way toward Kwannon's body, only mine. It was so much easier to be kinder to myself... through her body. I did not struggle with my eating disorder when I looked like her. Because she is not me, and she is beautiful. ⚞SIGH⚟ Anyway, my point is that I don't miss anything about the old ways.
- No, Warren! Don't you see? All of this would just have been the start if you hadn't saved me. And if he took me, he can take others. Jean, the Cuckoos, Quentin, Emma Frost. Any one of them is like a psychic nuke, and he's going after them right now. I saw what he's planning. If he gets any of them... if he gets out...
- Yes, Brian. The price was high, but we did win. We know we won. We have time to mourn our dead.
- Be quiet, Tom. I'm getting something... Wire...and sores and hunger and lice, Tom. My head's full of screaming people...and one of them's me!
- It was the seat of power of Excalibur for so long -- it seems right to set up a gate there. And it might be the way to save Brian.
- Are you through? Next time you're fearfully obsessing over me, save me a trip and just think your hateful thoughts. I can sense them from paradise, where I live. I serve the queen. And in times of crisis in the Otherworld, she trusts my judgment over her own.
- We are not his. We are our own, and I am Otherworld's true defender. Surrender, Morgan Le Fay.
- Well, the ritual is changed now. I'm not letting you kill it. Do what you do best. Adapt. You've been so eager to show all of Krakoa your virtues. Show us this one.
- --Seven of us -- charged by fate, or whatever, with protecting the structural integrity of -- EVERYTHING!
- It ends here, Sapphire! No more! No more souls!
- This is who I was. A last link to my life. Gone. A life that was ripped away from me a long time ago by one man. A man I thought I had made my peace with. I was wrong. Whatever mercy I had left in me burned away with that body. Whatever vestiges of Elizabeth Braddock that would spare him again are gone. Become now? Matsu'o Tsurayaba is going to die.
- Matsu'o!! I chided one of the X-Men's students for showing mercy to a foe. I did not tell her that I had made that mistake once. With you. You too me, body and soul, and I still forgave you. Despite everything you did, I let you live. Now I realize my mistake. Now I correct it. Face me!!
- Millions of souls were being consumed every second. There was no other way. And you know that. But you made me do it. So you get to stay the good guy.
- I'm sorry. I know now. I deserve to die.
- It isn't the morality of the mission that frightens me.. it is my elation at the opportunity to repay these devils.
- Oh my God -- Bishop?! Is that really you? Did you just growl at us?
- Havok -- have you lost your senses?! Are you trying to kill us?!!
- You wanted to know, Alison... why we are necessary?! Here is the reason! People like her, mutants like ourselves -- for if we don't stand up to defend them, who will?!
- I am Lady Mandarin. Yield, warrior -- or suffer the consequences!
- Why is it... you men always seem to talk in macho slogans?
- Here I go. Alone. Armed. Facing impossible odds. Crawling through a ventilation duct. As Jubilee would no doubt say: "... eat your heart out, Bruce Willis!"
- This was my moment of ultimate truth, the final confrontation in the ring between matador and bull where both know that only one will survive. I knew that would be me... right up until the moment I died.
- You should have told me. You. I shouldn't have heard about this from anyone else.
- He's not mad, Ororo. He's infuriating and prideful and egomaniacal and secretive... but he's also right. We can't bury our heads in the sand and wait for this to be over.
- Lord... blind me! N-No look at all of them! This is what Akkaba wants. They want me to be afraid... to call out to... Warren -- Warren... Archangel... I'm sorry... but I need you!
- Looking for your teleporter? This challenge is to the death, remember? So how 'about we see just how good you really are?
- My telepathy's gone, Storm...had to shut down to contain the Shadow King. Everything's quiet in my mind...
- Moments like this, I start to agree with Rogue. The world hates us so much, the hell with it. Who needs the X-Men, anyway?
Conversations with Elizabeth Braddock (Earth-616)
All items (36)
- Daredevils Vol 1 9
- Captain Britain Vol 2 1
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 219
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 244
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 257
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 271
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 272
- X-Men Vol 2 29
- X-Men Vol 2 31
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 319
- X-Men Vol 2 78
- X-Treme X-Men Vol 1 1
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 455
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 460
- Exiles Vol 1 92
- X-Men: Sword of the Braddocks Vol 1 1
- Psylocke Vol 1 1
- Psylocke Vol 1 2
- Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 5.1
- Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 23
- Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 26
- X-Men Vol 3 34
- Uncanny X-Force Vol 2 2
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 4 5
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 4 8
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 4 12
- Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 1
- Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor Vol 1 4
- Age of X-Man: X-Tremists Vol 1 2
- Age of X-Man: X-Tremists Vol 1 3
- Excalibur Vol 4 2
- Excalibur Vol 4 4
- Excalibur Vol 4 6
- Excalibur Vol 4 8
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.