Quotes by En Sabah Nur (Earth-616)
- Peace does nothing to test -- to increase -- mutants' strength. To force them to evolve into the strong.
- I have built the External Gate. Constructed it on the bones of immortal mutants... Just as planned. Just as required.
- The hour of your glory is at hand, my Horsemen. Mount your beasts!
- I want our coven to be empowered with knowledge. Some of these are notes I have kept hidden for centuries--thank you, Exodus, for those.
- One hundred of our greatest champions took the war to the enemy...One hundred champions and their champion--the White Sword.''
- Mutant must fight mutant, if the weak are to be winnowed from the strong. And when only the strong are left, Apocalypse will make his move. Pray, all of you, that you are among the strong.
- Peace does nothing to test -- to INCREASE -- mutants' strength. To force them to evolve into the strong.
- They are less than worms, those humans. I have judged them and found them wanting.
- Your future, Caliban, holds power of a different kind. Come...your own transformation is about to begin.
- Not only do I refuse to join you, Loki, I will oppose you when and wherever I can. From henceforth, I am your enemy...as you are the enemy of humankind.
- After too long a sleep -- deep within my stronghold, once more regenerating, healing -- APOCALYPSE LIVES!
- Now I claim my destiny!
- I'll remake this world in my image -- just as I'll remake you! As you sought to make me bow to you -- you shall be my slave -- for all the days of your life!
- The time is almost upon us. My centuries of manipulating... of preparing... are reaching their resolution. With the dawning of the new day, the end times will be upon us... my ascension complete. And you, the twelve -- prophesied saviors of mutantkind... your power will bestow upon me the means to achieve my destiny. First, I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars!
- Welcome to my world, my chosen twelve. Your places in my new order are assured, I promise you the Age of Apocalypse!
- Linked to the powers of time and space, wielded by Bishop and Rasputin, respectively. The power of pure thought that is Xavier. As above so below. As without, so within. And as you die, one by one... I shall rise as the sun, at the heart of this new universe. All your power will flow into me --through me --through the new Ra, ultimately, the be-all and end-all to come! And you, young Nate --and the unequaled unlimited forces at your command-- play the most crucial role of all in my final design...!
- Who?! Who dares disturb my slumber?! Who dares disturb -- APOCALYPSE?!
- I have come to offer you a deal. I will keep my Pestilence at bay, I will even destroy the plague that my Horseman carries... if you yourselves cull ninety percent of your human stock.
- Go, my Light Riders. Illuminate darkness. Spread the word of the X-Tracts.
- I am honored that the exalted X-Men would come to our first gathering. My sincere apologies that a few passionate individuals took it too far. I want you to know... I love you... I love all of you.
- Hnh. The end is coming... whatever your reasons for joining me, help me save this world. Help me save other worlds from me.
- Swordbearers. Most of you are mutant. You have tasted the sweetness of immortality--an evolution of our people. Now, we step into the Otherworld, where all realities are one, and your defeat will mean the death of Krakoa, the death of this Earth and the death of you, as you are now, never to return. So when you draw your sword, you must not fight like a human, who stands to lose a few years of toil--but like a mutant, who stands to lose forever in paradise. For if you do not...you will not be the first immortals I have watched die.
- Find the most fearsome challenger in all of creation and make her your wife. Lie down at night beside your greatest threat. Make love to your fate.
- We know what comes next... it is a duel fated millennia ago.
- I thought about this every night for thousands of years. A million nights. No matter what battle I had won that day, what greater mystery I had unlocked. No matter how many supple bodies lay beside me in my bed at night. I am always thinking about how this ends.
- Just one thing. That I will see them again.
Conversations with En Sabah Nur (Earth-616)
All items (29)
- X-Factor Vol 1 6
- X-Factor Vol 1 23
- X-Factor Vol 1 25
- X-Factor Vol 1 28
- X-Factor Vol 1 50
- X-Factor Vol 1 68
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 335
- Rise of Apocalypse Vol 1 2
- Rise of Apocalypse Vol 1 4
- Cable Vol 1 76
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 377
- X-Man Vol 1 60
- X-Men Vol 2 182
- X-Men: Apocalypse vs. Dracula Vol 1 1
- X-Men Vol 2 185
- Age of X-Man: Apocalypse & the X-Tracts Vol 1 1
- Age of X-Man: The Marvelous X-Men Vol 1 2
- Age of X-Man: Apocalypse & the X-Tracts Vol 1 5
- X of Swords: Stasis Vol 1 1
- Excalibur Vol 4 14
- Cable Vol 4 6
- Excalibur Vol 4 15
- X of Swords: Destruction Vol 1 1