Quotes by Gwendolyn Stacy (Earth-65)
- Rrrrgh... Bodega Bandit. You are the worst arch-nemesis -- ever.
- He's telling the truth. This is your clean slate. Every drop of blood off your hands.
- You're a good cop, dad. You put on that badge and carry that gun because you know if you don't someone who shouldn't will. When I put on this mask, I only did it -- because it freed me from responsibility. I thought I was special. And Peter Parker died because he tried to follow my example. I have to take responsibility for that. To make his death mean something. But I can't do it in a jail cell. This mask is my badge now. If I don't define what it means... monsters like this will. This is where I'm needed most.
- Betty Brant.Best of Bassists. My former roommate. Fully chill.
- Seriously? I've been trapped in the E.S.U. Upside Down by a voice mail?
- This is my second chance at normal. I can come here, be an ordinary student, go home and be a hero.
- Glory Grant. Killer on the keys. Voice of reason.
- You're a good cop, dad. You put on that badge and carry that gun because you know if you don't someone who shouldn't will. When I put on this mask, I only did it -- Because it freed me from responsibility. I thought I was special. And Peter Parker died because he tried to follow my example. I have to take responsibility for that. To make his death mean something. But I can't do it in a jail cell. This mask is my badge now. If I don't define what it means... monsters like this will. This is where I'm needed most.
- Okay, look, no more "Mr. Murderhands" -- that name is way too self-fulfilling prophecy. Call him "Wolverine."
- Randy Robertson. Rock n' roll reporter. And my current hero.
- I take it back! You're not invited to my Halloween party!
- When answers aren't available locally, I can go looking elsewhere.
- I'm going to make it home. All I have to do is save this world's Gwen Stacy. But what if... what if there's nothing left to save?
- We're Gwen Stacy. We don't give up. We never give up! You are so much better than this. You're so much stronger than this. No Gwen Stacy anywhere, in any reality, gives up! So fight already!
- If we have to be haunted, we should befriend our ghosts. We should welcome them in, and let them make a home with us. Just because we're ghost stories, that doesn't mean we're over. Legends never die.
- Even when you're not wearing a mask, you're still a super hero. You're still on the oustide. You don't get to be normal. All you get to be is special. Forever.
- Why does everything have to be so hard? I just want to save the city, help people and play the drums. It's not like I want to be a unicorn astronaut space princess. I haven't since I was five.
- I chose to be a hero. I let them call me a villain. Until I find a way to balance those two things, my life... my life doesn't get to be easy.
- None of my local super villains use bombs. I'm not looking for a super villain. I'm looking for a monster.
- When this is over, I'm going to sue you.
- Where've I been? Really? Reaallly? Oh, just fighting in a war for the fate of all reality. Y'know, like you do.
- As Spider-Woman I've traveled the Multiverse. I've stared down psychic vampires and psycho cops. Kicked in all the scary yellow teeth. And no, being caught or killed or found never truly scared me. No, what scares me is losing what I have in my hand now... what scares me is losing the people I love.
- Nothing. Without my powers, there's nothing to stop him, Reed.
- Okay, look, no more "Mr. Murderhands" -- that name is way too self-fulfilling prophecy. Call him "Wolverine." I know one of them.
- God. I called a 13-year-old kid for advice... what is wrong with me?
- Is he kidding? He has to be #$@% joking, right?! Does he think I'm stupid? Murdock masterminded everything! All this is on his head!
- Wait... what? What time did you start drinking, Castle? A team-up? You want a @$%# team-up?
- Look, I know this is... well, it's a lot. I don't know why I expect you to follow this. Or to ever understand... I've lied to you so long. I don't know why I expect you to ever believe me. Or to trust me. Or ever forgive me. It's just... if what's left of Gwen Stacy has to die... I need you to know what I did it all for. I need you to know why.
- He's the Kingpin! He owns both sides of the law! He is your justice!
- God. This is too damn on-the-nose to be wrong.
- Tell Peggy thanks, Cap. Thanks... but no thanks.
- But if the only way I can help is with my fists -- then I've already lost. I have to try a different way. I have to know I tried.
- All I can do is face the horrible truth -- Harry Osborn is back. And he's out for my blood.
- I mean -- I did lift the enchanted shield -- I totally possess the power of 'mericuh. #$% yeah.
- You came looking for me?! Well, here I am! I'm not afraid of you! I'm not going -- anywhere?
- Kidnapping the most important man in the city with a bashful, naked pig. This is gonna be a particularly rad diary entry.
- So I'm saving a grown man from a monster. Not the worst way for a teenage girl to spend her Friday evening.
- Better back up off my friend, Moon Pie. Urban Assault Spider-Gwen is about to battle damage your sorry butt... like it's 1993.
- Only I suprised everyone by bonding to a lab-grown goo that was supposed to kill me, and now I get my powers from it.
Conversations with Gwendolyn Stacy (Earth-65)
All items (41)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.