Quotes by Gwendolyn Stacy (Earth-65)
- You're a good cop, dad. You put on that badge and carry that gun because you know if you don't someone who shouldn't will. When I put on this mask, I only did it -- because it freed me from responsibility. I thought I was special. And Peter Parker died because he tried to follow my example. I have to take responsibility for that. To make his death mean something. But I can't do it in a jail cell. This mask is my badge now. If I don't define what it means... monsters like this will. This is where I'm needed most.
- Where've I been? Really? Reaallly? Oh, just fighting in a war for the fate of all reality. Y'know, like you do.
- As Spider-Woman I've traveled the Multiverse. I've stared down psychic vampires and psycho cops. Kicked in all the scary yellow teeth. And no, being caught or killed or found never truly scared me. No, what scares me is losing what I have in my hand now... what scares me is losing the people I love.
- Kidnapping the most important man in the city with a bashful, naked pig. This is gonna be a particularly rad diary entry.
- So I'm saving a grown man from a monster. Not the worst way for a teenage girl to spend her Friday evening.
- All I can do is face the horrible truth -- Harry Osborn is back. And he's out for my blood.
- I mean -- I did lift the enchanted shield -- I totally possess the power of 'mericuh. #$% yeah.
- When this is over, I'm going to sue you.
- You came looking for me?! Well, here I am! I'm not afraid of you! I'm not going -- anywhere?
- Better back up off my friend, Moon Pie. Urban Assault Spider-Gwen is about to battle damage your sorry butt... like it's 1993.
- Nothing. Without my powers, there's nothing to stop him, Reed.
- He's telling the truth. This is your clean slate. Every drop of blood off your hands.
- No. You're not listening! I know that was upsetting. We'll figure it out, but if you get in the way of the cops, you'll just make it worse.
- Okay, look, no more "Mr. Murderhands" -- that name is way too self-fulfilling prophecy. Call him "Wolverine." I know one of them.
- God. I called a 13-year-old kid for advice... what is wrong with me?
- Is he kidding? He has to be #$@% joking, right?! Does he think I'm stupid? Murdock masterminded everything! All this is on his head!
- Wait... what? What time did you start drinking, Castle? A team-up? You want a @$%# team-up?
- Look, I know this is... well, it's a lot. I don't know why I expect you to follow this. Or to ever understand... I've lied to you so long. I don't know why I expect you to ever believe me. Or to trust me. Or ever forgive me. It's just... if what's left of Gwen Stacy has to die... I need you to know what I did it all for. I need you to know why.
- He's the Kingpin! He owns both sides of the law! He is your justice!
- God. This is too damn on-the-nose to be wrong.
- Tell Peggy thanks, Cap. Thanks... but no thanks.
- But if the only way I can help is with my fists -- then I've already lost. I have to try a different way. I have to know I tried.
- I take it back! You're not invited to my Halloween party!
- I'm going to make it home. All I have to do is save this world's Gwen Stacy. But what if... what if there's nothing left to save?
- We're Gwen Stacy. We don't give up. We never give up! You are so much better than this. You're so much stronger than this. No Gwen Stacy anywhere, in any reality, gives up! So fight already!
- If we have to be haunted, we should befriend our ghosts. We should welcome them in, and let them make a home with us. Just because we're ghost stories, that doesn't mean we're over. Legends never die.
- Even when you're not wearing a mask, you're still a super hero. You're still on the outside. You don't get to be normal. All you get to be is special. Forever.
- Why does everything have to be so hard? I just want to save the city, help people and play the drums. It's not like I want to be a unicorn astronaut space princess. I haven't since I was five.
- I chose to be a hero. I let them call me a villain. Until I find a way to balance those two things, my life... my life doesn't get to be easy.
- None of my local super villains use bombs. I'm not looking for a super villain. I'm looking for a monster.
- When answers aren't available locally, I can go looking elsewhere.
- This is my second chance at normal. I can come here, be an ordinary student, go home and be a hero.
- Seriously? I've been trapped in the E.S.U. Upside Down by a voice mail?
- Is this my fault? Am I spending too much time in another dimension and not enough time protecting my home?
- Danger has never cared how old I was. Danger doesn't care about any of us. The Jackal didn't follow me home because I was licensed for heroism. He did it to hurt me.
- We can play "what if" forever. I've met people who look at our whole universe as a big game of "what if." What if Gwen Stacy didn't die? What if she got super-powers instead? What if she, just once, she got to be the hero?
- You're seriously telling me not to be a hero in my own hometown because you're prettier than me?
- I know what you're gonna say--we've talked this through. We've made a decision. But that's exactly my problem with this, It's not our decision to make. He came to me, and asked me what to do. He wanted to know if it's what I would've wanted. If I were--If I were the other me. Your me. I get it--confusing. And I tried to answer him the best I could. I thought about how I would feel, if I were... me. But the truth is, I have no idea what that Gwen would've done. We don't have that luxury here, do we? Yes, we all had these visions of Norman killing him. But Miles-- when you talked to him, you told him that was a risk and it didn't change his mind, did it? This is what I'm trying to say-- this is his fight. These are his demons. We may think we know best-- we may think he's wrong-- but hasn't he earned the right to make that choice himself? I mean, come on-- This is Spider-man. There's a reason they call him the best of us. It took me a while to figure it out. The Peter Parker I knew was a very different guy. This one is the real deal. A hero. No matter who tries to stop him, he's going to do what he believes is right. And if we told him that's how he'd die? Well, I'm guessing-- he wouldn't have it any other way. So yeah, I'm Gwen Stacy-- thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
- Where I come from, we figured out a long time ago that you can't own people.
Conversations with Gwendolyn Stacy (Earth-65)
All items (55)
- Edge of Spider-Verse Vol 1 2
- Spider-Gwen Vol 1 1
- Spider-Gwen Vol 1 5
- Spider-Verse Vol 2 2
- Spider-Verse Vol 2 4
- Spider-Verse Vol 2 5
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 4
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 6
- Spider-Gwen Annual Vol 1 1
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 9
- Spider-Women Omega Vol 1 1
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 11
- Clone Conspiracy Vol 1 2
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 16
- Spider-Man Vol 2 13
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 20
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 22
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 25
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 27
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 28
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 29
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 31
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 33
- Spider-Gwen Vol 2 34
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 1
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 2
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 3
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 4
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 5
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 6
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 7
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 9
- Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider Vol 1 10
- Ghost-Spider Vol 1 1
- Ghost-Spider Annual Vol 1 1
- Ghost-Spider Vol 1 3
- Ghost-Spider Vol 1 6
- Ghost-Spider Vol 1 8
- Ghost-Spider Vol 1 9
- Ghost-Spider Vol 1 10
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol 5 49
- King in Black: Gwenom vs. Carnage Vol 1 2