Quotes by Heather Douglas (Earth-616)
- You will recall naught of the terrible deed we have done! You, and the others will believe that the Avengers have again earned a great triumph -- but I will remember...FOREVER!
- Love me, Son of Odin. Be thou mine!
- Because you tried to use it consciously. You tried to make it happen. For you, apparently, the death wish won't operate if you deliberately endeavor to employ it.
- I've been working with him, trying to raise his intelligence, to make him more than just a... a mindless destroyer. But how could you understand what it's like to see a man's spirit trapped inside a green, misshapen being... A decent man who didn't deserve to have this monstrous half-life. A tragic brute of a --
- How dare you disturb my meditation?!
- It's...it's an abominable place. A universe like ours, except that it is twisted and deformed by malignant growth. A cancerverse. Peter, it is a universe where life has won. ... I mean death has lost.
- Once he was Arthur Douglas, a so-so jazz musician, as I recall. He ended up dying next to a burning car in the desert between Vegas and Reno. He was my father. I was with him that time, also. But Death wasn't the end for dad, just the terrible beginning. There was this cosmic entity named Kronos who needed a champion to keep Thanos in line. He grabbed my dad's soul and used it to animate his hero. So pop became the lumbering behemoth known as Drax the Destroyer. I guess even back then part of me still loved the guy. Didn't stop me, though, from killing him a second time.
- Once he was Arthur Douglas, a so-so Jazz Musician, as I recall. He ended up dying next to a burning Car in th Desert between Vegas and Reno. He was my Father. I was with him that time, also. But Death wasn't the End for Dad, just the terrible beginning. There was this Cosmic Entity, named Kronos who needed a Champion to keep Thanos in line. He grabbed my Dad's Soul and used it to animate his Hero. So Pop became the lumbering Behemoth known as Drax the Destroyer. I guess even back then part of me still loved the Guy. Didn't stop me, though, from killing him a second time.
- You see and hear only what you want -- need -- to see and hear, Spider-Man... such is the high price of enlightenment.
Conversations with Heather Douglas (Earth-616)
All items (12)
- Daredevil Vol 1 105
- Avengers Vol 1 177
- Avengers Vol 1 219
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 12
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 14
- Web of Spider-Man Vol 1 105
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 26
- Captain Marvel Vol 4 5
- Avengers: Infinity Vol 1 2
- Captain Marvel Vol 4 31
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 21
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.