Quotes by Helmut Zemo (Earth-616)
- Together, we can utterly defeat whoever rises to oppose us! We OUTNUMBER the Avengers. For all their power, they will fall before our superior numbers.
- There is something I want to discuss with you. Expansion.
- Guide my hand, my father -- as I avenge your death!
- In Osborn's place, running the Thunderbolts and an organization like H.A.M.M.E.R., I'd have transformed everything... It's no excuse. He has the world flipped, everything was shades of gray... And now it's all black and white again... All the old lies back in place. Even a brand-new shiny Captain America.
- ...What have you ever done...to earn redemption...?
- Was he right about Rogers, then...is his weak point really his patriotism?
- No one will blame you, Avenger. There is no shame in bending to the will of Baron Zemo.
- Though it has the appearance of granite, justice is a pliable dough. Morality, shifting concept, bending to the will of the conqueror. It is the perspective of the victor that forms history, and defines the future. So long as you win, you claim the moral high ground--No matter the means you used to claim it. The Christians knew this when they launched their crusades. Napoleon and Alexander dreamed of a world united and understood the bloodshed it demanded. And the Americans knew this when they dropped their a-bombs. You and your progeny will know only opulence, wealth, and comfort, Lucas. You will not only save the world--You will be its king. The brave young man who brought an end to our crusade--And a beginning to the Age of Hydra!
- When we discovered Lucas here within his cocoon, we were elated. It wasn't until we examined his blood that we discovered just how dangerous he is. Within Lucas' blood is an insipid and pervasive toxin that sterilizes human beings. A living Inhuman agent of evolution.
- Trusting Helmut Zemo is a difficult thing, I understand, Colonel Danvers......but in time, your decision to enact the Guardian protocols will be vindicated.
- I need someone suitable to become the king of the world----so that I can take away their crown!
- The Punisher's here. He followed me.
- Unless we work together to stop him now... the Punisher will eventually come for us all.
- You're still running around killing people years later, hoping it will make you feel better that you let your family die.
- It wasn't long ago that you and I marched under the same flag. Me, because Hydra is my life's work as a man who believes in a better world. You, because you wanted to be on the winning team for once. Correct?
- A true leader makes his followers do what he wants because it is good for them, also.
- What happened next? I don't recall the specifics...something, I was taught, that was very minor in the annals of our lineage...but here and now...it feels like a portent of doom.
- I would appreciate not seeing any MORE Zemo blood spilled. What LITTLE is left, Wendell, has a LOT of work to do...
- Little did Stark know when he begged us today to help them apprehend renegade villains... that the Thunderbolts had already started doing so three weeks ago!
- Take another look at them -- a close look. Look at their eyes. The bio-modem, Moonstone. We got them before they ever docked -- before they set foot on this satellite. They're Earth's Mightiest Heroes, all right -- but they're mine. Mine!
- If that's true, then they should be grateful. Because if the Thunderbolts aren't dead, I swear to you -- they're going to wish they were!
- Don't worry, sir. Whatever is in there...will have to face the Thunderbolts!
- You can join me and be a part of something far greater than you have ever experienced before... or defy me and be ground beneath the crushing power of inevitability. Choose, or have your fate chosen for you.
- Please pardon the intrusion, my name is Baron Zemo and I'll only take a moment of your time. I can imagine what you all must be thinking. I know how this looks. The dastardly villain seizes control of the global communication network. Pops up on screens across the globe. Threatening some unspeakable act of violence. Holding the world hostage from afar. But rest assured, that's not what this is. There is no Death Star. No Alderaan for me to blow up. Lord Vader, I am not. You see, I didn't hack into your communications network... I hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s. An international military organization with more wealth and weapons at their disposal than half the nations on Earth combined... Can track your cellphone G.P.S. and use it to burn a hole through your skull from space. And yet somehow they've convinced you all to be scared of me. S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors your telephone calls. What you watch on television. S.H.I.E.L.D. reads your emails and catalogs your late-night internet searches. Big brother is alive and well. He wears a white eagle on his chest, drives a flying aircraft carrier and keeps Earth's mightiest heroes in his back pocket. We've given these people far too much power over our lives for far too long. I say it's time we take the power back. I can cut big brother off at his knees with the press of a button. The question is, should I do it? That's the choice I leave to you. But before you decide, ask yourself one question... who is the real villain here?
All items (23)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.