Quotes by James Howlett (Earth-807128)
- I screwed so much up. I hurt almost everyone. But you... there wasn't one damn thing I regretted about you, kid. You were one of the only things I got right. Seeing you again. Here? Hell. It feels like destiny's giving me another chance to **** it up.
- My "plan"... isn't appropriate for kids.
- I've been lucky. I've lived longer than most. It hasn't all been good, but the good times more than make up for the bad. But now I'm ready to move on. Ready to be with my wife and kids. Just need to settle a couple things first... make sure I leave this world a little better'n I found it.
- Look, this didn't happen to you, so maybe it's hard for you to understand. But what he did to me... the things he left me to live with... the guilt I carried. This is something I have to do, Hawkeye.
- I'll be honest -- that wasn't the welcome I was expectin'.
- I've heard rumors about a friend holed up here. For our sake, I'm hoping it's still true.
- Always been yer problem, Wilson. All bark, no bite. See? I can make jokes, too--
- You don't know what she's capable of. She's worse than both of us.
- How many of these damn dinosaurs are out here?
- Look, if we don't destroy that cloud, we all die. If we do, what's the worst that happens? A bunch of people stay the way they are and don't get super-powers? This ain't up for debate anymore. Let's get rid of the damn thing.
- His body hits the floor and everything feels right. I know a peace I ain't felt in a long, long time. I'm sure now. This is why I'm here. I'm here to hunt.
- I smell it, even over the stench of the sewer... I'd know that smell anywhere. Smells like danger, smells like life... Smells like Madripoor.
- Damn... that really hurts. I should never have left the territory. I should never have left.
- I'm just one man, Scotty... what can I do? I can't change the world.
- See, I got you at a disadvantage here. I already know everything about you. I even know who you are. Your name is Sohei. Warrior monk of the Silent Order... and I already killed you once.
- I didn't want you to ever see that part of me. That's why I never wanted to tell you who I was. What I was. It's over now, you'll never have to see that again. I swear it, Maureen.
- I did lie about one thing. The future, my past, it may never come to pass. That much is true. But it's not gone.
- Mama ain't here, Shogo, but I'm gonna find her, okay?
- Someway, somehow, I have to save him. I have to go back.
- The Black Butcher was the first name on my hit list. A D-List super creep who didn't know what hit him when I came calling. But he was just a warm-up. If I was really gonna change the future, I knew I'd have to aim a lot higher. I thought I'd have to bide my time. I set up in Butcher's workshop, trying to get my bearings. So imagine my surprise when a news alert came over the radio telling me the big green bastard was in Manhattan helping out with a traffic pileup. And there he is, gift-wrapped and ready. So now I'm going to kill him before he can ever go bad in the first place.
- They say you only live once. But that is a lie. I've had more lives than I can even remember most days. I've lost more too. So if I can't change the past, if I'm stuck reliving these lives... I may as well take advantage of it.
- I-I'm home. I'm home. And I ain't never going back again.
- This is it. This is where I finally change things. I just have to pop my claws and I gut these big green #&$ right here. Then it's all different. Maureen, Jade and Scotty don't die.
- Every time I get comfortable here... every time I start to think that maybe things won't go bad... the universe comes back... reminds me it don't care what I think.
- How the Hell are you here? I killed the entire filthy inbred Hulk Gang back in the Wastelands.
- You hear that, you green ape? Your big plan to wipe out the world... failed.
- Where'd you get this stuff from?
- What sort of dirt you got on there that's gonna ruin Fisk?
- Keep running them gums, punk. I ain't no Daredevil... won't lose sleep about ending a scumbag like you.
- Seeing Storm and Iceman should have been like seeing ghosts. But it wasn't seeing them that made me realize everything I still had. Spend long enough trying to outrun the past and change the future, you start to forget you're still alive right now. The past is gone. And tomorrow may very well bring all the Hell I fear the most... but today... today it feels damned good to be alive.
- Talk to me, Glob. Help me understand this.
- After all that. Listening to that pompous Russian ass talk about respect. Running his gums about me being a shadow of my former self... as much as I wanted to cut his damned tongue out... he's right. I can't keep going on like this. There ain't enough gas left in the tank. But I ain't ready to die. Not just yet. Not here. I need to get back to the Wastelands.
- Either yer right and he's just a psychopath... or I'm right and this is all on me.
- Listen, I can sympathize. This thing ended up in a world it doesn't know and is lashing out. I've been there, bub.
- The moment he hits me... drives me through the wall... I know. This was a mistake.
- Look, kid. A Hulk, not much different than this bastard, killed my family and I'll be damned if I'm going to let the same thing happen to your people here.
- I need to take a little leave of absence from the X-Men, Ororo. Got a few things I need to see to.
- All right, you son of a bitch. Time to put an end to your pathetic little charade.
- I was selfish. I came here to see Maureen. To look after her. I as so stupid. All I did was bring Hell down upon her and all these poor folks. And now I have more deaths on my head.
- Before I came here, Maureen was safe. Just a little kid. Now she knows death. She knows chaos. I brought it to her. I brought it to her just like I did in the Wastelands. Just like I did to Mariko. To Jadie. To Scotty. To so many others. Deathstrike was right. I've lived too long. I have too many enemies. I wanted to protect Maureen. I wanted to save her from the pain I caused her in another life. But there's only one way to keep her and everyone else I got left safe and that's to stay as far away from them as I can. Deathstrike is still out there. Her and dozens more like her. But I'm done waiting for them to bring their chaos to me. From now on, I am chaos... and I'm coming for them all.
- Frank Castle would be spinning in his grave if he knew how these people were desecrating his name.
- Always been yer problem, Wilson. All bark, no bite.
- They got you good, huh?
- Buncha killer cyborgs been hunting mutants. So now we're hunting them. You in?
- Well, then. I guess I just got one question... who still wants a piece of these bastards?
- Wait a minute. I thought you already found him.
- He's got a moral code. We can still talk to this guy.
- Check your x-mail. I'm sending you everything we've got. It's a new Weapon X Program. They're building killer cyborgs sheathed in human skins. They're undetectable until they split apart and kill you... and they're strong enough to kill just about any mutant they find alone.
- I will never hurt... another living soul... you can do what you like to me, boy... but I refuse to strike you back.
- Damn you to hell for making me do this, Hawkeye.
- Stabbed every one of 'em. Right through the heart. But I didn't know it was them, Hawkeye. Mysterio made 'em look and feel and even smell different.
- I ain't looking to take sides. I just wanna get our people back.
- Your "vengeance." You turned a whole planet upside down. Killed a whole bunch'a people, hurt even more. Including friends of mine. All 'cause you were born hated and feared. To which I just gotta say... get over it.
- You don't do this, and we all die here. That un-complicate things enough for you?
Conversations with James Howlett (Earth-807128)
All items (55)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.