Quotes by Jessica Jones (Earth-199999)
- Give'em hell Emil!
- A big part of the job is looking for the worst in people. Turns out I excel at that.
- Knowing it's real means you gotta make a decision. One, keep denying it. Or two. Do something about it.
- I can protect the one or two people I care about.
- They say everyone's born a hero... but if you let it, life will push you over the line, until you're the villain. Problem is, you don't always know that you've crossed that line. Maybe it's enough that the world thinks I'm a hero. Maybe if I work long and hard... maybe I could fool myself.
- Ninety-nine. You want to know how many of us there are? The last time I counted, I had 99 gifted friends. In this borough alone. And now every single one of them is gonna know of this sh-- you tried to pull.
- I won't stop fighting, but if you give up, I lose. Do you get that? He did this to you to get at me. To isolate me. To make me feel like an infection. One more person dead - or dying - because of me. So why don't you remember how to be a goddamn human being again instead of this self-pitying piece of shit that he turned you into, and save me for once.
- Start at the beginning.
- Costa, it's Patsy. It will leak.
- I hate starting at the beginning...
- There are worse things than death. Once you're worm food, it's over. Painless. Quiet. While the rest of us are stuck digging holes, picking up the pieces and remembering...Or, I don't know, trying to...
- If she's our killer, then God help the hobo who crosses her wrong.
- Fun fact: When an octopus is attacked, it ditches its wounded arm and just swims away. It's better to let things go before they drag you under.
- Love isn't for the weak-hearted. It's for idiots. And murders, apparently. A wedding ring? So the creep and the maniac have found happiness together. Guess there's someone for everyone. Almost everyone.
- I don't know. Okay? There's no manual that tells you what to do when your mother who's been dead for 17 years comes back and is a mass murder. I'm kinda winging it.
- I'm like my mother in one way. Neither of us get a happy ending. This...is how I lose my mom.
- Some things you look at and you think, "Perfect. There is no question. It's just...right." Other things are clearly wrong.
- Nussbaumer was one of his old marks. Maybe he felt bad that he hadn't stopped him earlier. Or he's following my example, trying on his hero pants.
- Don't try to be a hero. It's a shitty job.
- A hero is strong. A hero is invulnerable. A hero has a goddamn spleen.
- When something dies, you bury it. If you're me, you try to forget it ever existed. But some things just won't stay buried.
- The only thing worse than people looking at you like you're a monster is when they look at you like you're their savior.
- I did something today: I set a murder free. Trish needed a hero...She got me...
- And now there's a guy in Hell's Kitchen dressed as the devil beating people up. OK, then...
Conversations with Jessica Jones (Earth-199999)
All items (26)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.