Quotes by Kamala Khan (Earth-616)
- I want to be beautiful and awesome and butt-kicking and less complicated. I want to be you.
- My name is Kamala Khan. And I'm here to take out the trash.
- Fabulous. Now I'm in trouble, too. This has to have happened for a reason. I saved one life. Does it stop there or do I go on? Maybe this is what I've been waiting for. Maybe I'm finally part of something... bigger.
- Wait a minute. I have super-powers. I saved somebody's life on Friday. I am 911! But -- everybody's expecting Ms. Marvel. Ms. Marvel from the news. With the hair and the spandex and the Avengers swag. Not a sixteen-year-old brown girl with a 9 pm curfew. Too late for second thoughts. Don't worry, Bruno... help is on the way.
- Ammi and Abu taught me to always think about the greater good. To defend people who can't defend themselves, even if it means putting yourself at risk. I wish they could see that that's exactly what I'm trying to do.
- Yeah, we've gotta do something drastic. But not this. This is not saving the world. This is admitting the world is over. This is saying our generation will never matter. But we have to matter. If we don't, there is no future worth saving.
- Everybody stop! This guy is not in high school!
- You know those days you sometimes have? The days that seem totally ordinary when you wake up, but by the time you go to sleep that night, your whole life is divided into before that day and after that day? This is one of those days.
- All this time I thought I was alone... that I was the only nerdy Pakistani-American-slash-Inhuman in the entire universe. And then suddenly... I wasn't.
- I've faced giant robots, bird-men, Viking dudes... never a broken heart. I don't know how to fight this feeling. I'm just glad I don't have to fight it alone.
- I was just in Manhattan, There's -- there's a planet heading straight for Earth. You can see it from downtown. There are a lot of really scared people coming across the river. We've gotta prepare.
- I didn't mean to camp out on your alias -- a lot of really weird things happened right around the time I got my powers, and it just sorta seemed like fate --
- School, Avengers, my regular bi-weekly dungeon group in Ancient Scrolls Online... it's all great, but it's what Abu would call a problem of plenty. And the thing about a problem of plenty is... it's still a problem.
- Something's wrong with the Vision and he's lying about me and they wouldn't listen and they threw me out and -- and -- and you can be happy now!
- I'm here! I'm fine! I'm okay! I can explain!
- I have been waiting for this moment. I will do what you ask. With honor, commitment, courage, and all the other stuff.
- The Cadets and I went to bust some kid who was planning to melt his own high school and I was totally cool with it but then I found out this kid is my friend and he hasn't actually done anything wrong yet and now I don't know what to do --
- Okay. It's okay. The admin will take care of it. I definitely should not read every single one of those fanfics. It'll just drive me crazy.
- Inhuman is what you were always meant to be, Lunella. It's what you are. You should embrace it.
- I know you made me responsible for this team, but I'm also responsible for this city. I have to do what's right for JC. We've gotta disband the Cadets.
- Hey... so... Lunella... I'm leaving you this message. I know you been through a lot. But I need you to hang in there. The world needs you... I know that the change is hard for you. But growing up is hard for everyone. You've been given gifts, Lunella. Even when being an Inhuman feels like a curse... have faith that there's a purpose. And one day soon, all your awesome parts will learn to work together... and if you ever need me, just call. I'll be there for you.
- I didn't want this... but I have to protect the people of my city. Even... even if it means protecting them from you.
- Help us win the hard way -- the right way -- not with hate, not with retribution, but with wisdom and hope. Help us become champions.
- And then there's the fact that you can't really run away from bad stuff. You just trade the bad stuff of one place for the bad stuff of a different place.
- So I've gotta convince people to choose between an incumbent nobody likes and a fringe candidate working for a secret society of evildoers?!
- Okay! What was that battle cry again, Hulk? "Go for Champions!"
- Are you stalking one of your guildmates from World of Battlecraft?
- I am literally a child who can't even vote and even I know that's incredibly irresponsible! Take him home to your... your Star-Cave or whatever! I have to go round up the guys who got away! Because of my super-powers!
- Gwenpool, I don't know where you think you're from. Or what you think you've read -- but corruption and injustice and racism can infiltrate authority structures all by themselves, without a super villain's help.
- You're just a person with a computer and too much free time. You can't scare me with this Mr. Robot stuff.
- You want to know? You want to know what scares me most right now? Losing what we've built! Losing the Champions! Losing a family! Losing all those people who look up to us! That's what I'm scared of!
- Y-you're wrong about people. Most of them aren't awful. Most of them are just waiting for a chance to do the right thing.
- Between that dome going down over Manhattan, all those heroes being trapped in space, and the the whole country being taken over by Hydra, sorry if we're a little cautious when people ask to meet us in the woods!
- How could you take her side?!
- cause getting your rights isn't' about becoming someone else. It's about not having to ask permission to be who you already are.
- Jersey City! We've had a bad few days. I know that. And I know a lot of people aren't happy with me right now. But no matter how angry you are... nobody is above the law.
- This is my whole life in one garbage metaphor.
- I came up with this plan -- I gotta make sure it turns out okay!
- If you're so convinced we need more firepower, Spider-Boy, the potential draft pool is pretty big. Who else you got?
- I... I have something important to tell you guys. I am Ms. Marvel.
- Look, this isn't New York. We don't do cosmic battles every five minutes, okay? We have standards.
- Understanding our limitations is important. Once you accept those, you've got a simple choice to make... despair or hope. Give up or stand up.
- Strange things are afoot at the Circle Q.
- Who was that strange guy I saw when Singularity was pulling me through the timestream?
- Champions charge!
- This is one of my biggest fears. The fear that while I was off being a hero, I was actually paying attention to the wrong things... and something quieter but worse was happening while I thought I was saving the world.
- If I've learned one thing these past few years, it's that there's always another level to beat. But if you hold on to what's important... you won't have to beat it alone.
- You told him, Ammi! You betrayed me!
- Come on, it's not that bad. We are on a private campus tour with the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, after all!
- My best guess... is that that -- is the final boss battle.
- That... sounds kinda scary. And morally questionable?
- Well, look at it this way. If we both ruined each other's lives, at least we're even.
- We don't want to fight, but if that's what it takes to stop you from hurting innocent people, then that's what we'll do.
- Sorry, I'm not good at tiptoeing when people are screaming for help!
- There are times when this life spent protecting what matters makes you feel completely alone. But when you have the trust of those you love -- when you know they're rooting for you as you face the unknown... then you're not alone.
- So they stole the same spear that killed your mom --
- What if this is a training camp for super villains?
- Just because Colonel Yo-Gurt did you wrong, you want to hurt an entire planet's population?
- I've got life and death things I need to deal with, you jerk! I don't have time to -- you're really gonna make me do this, huh?
- We all fight against the worst versions of ourselves.
- Well... what if I can come up with something better than poker?
- Thanks for being here, but you can go. These people took my name. There's something I have to do. Alone.
- Someone sold us out.
- We know they haven't changed. No matter what face they put on it, they don't care about us. All Roxxon wants is to use "Kamala's Law" to scare kids into silence. To never speak up against their policies because morals are bad for business. Whatever they're planning with this app and the whole image rehab thing? It's all to keep the law in the books. And they're ready to fight dirty to do it. I know this is going to sound wild coming from me, guys, but maybe, just maybe... ...we've got to fight just as dirty. We fought fair and they made us outlaws anyway, thinking it would weaken us. But they made a huge mistake. They brought the fight to us. To a teenager's ultimate battleground-- the internet. If they wanted to force us to play dirty? They're in for the fight of their lives.
Conversations with Kamala Khan (Earth-616)
- — IVX #4
All items (74)
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 1
- Ms. Marvel Infinite Comic Vol 1 1
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 2
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 3
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 4
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 6
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol 3 7
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 10
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 12
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 13
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 14
- Free Comic Book Day Vol 2015 Avengers
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 15
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 16
- Ms. Marvel Vol 3 17
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 1
- All-New, All-Different Avengers Vol 1 5
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 5
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 8
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 9
- All-New, All-Different Avengers Annual Vol 1 1
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol 1 10
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 10
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Vol 1 11
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 11
- Champions Vol 2 1
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 12
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 13
- Champions Vol 2 4
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 14
- Star-Lord Vol 2 2
- Champions Vol 2 5
- IVX Vol 1 4
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 15
- Champions Vol 2 7
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 17
- Secret Warriors Vol 2 1
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 21
- Generations: Ms. Marvel & Ms. Marvel Vol 1 1
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 22
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 23
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 24
- Champions Vol 2 16
- Champions Vol 2 18
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 31
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 33
- Champions Vol 2 24
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 34
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 36
- Champions Vol 3 1
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 37
- Ms. Marvel Vol 4 38
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel Vol 1 1
- Marvel Rising Vol 2 1
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel Vol 1 2
- Ms. Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 1
- Marvel Team-Up Vol 4 2
- Champions Vol 3 6
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel Vol 1 4
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel Vol 1 5
- Marvel Team-Up Vol 4 4
- Fearless Vol 1 2
- Marvel Team-Up Vol 4 6
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel Vol 1 10
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel Vol 1 11
- Captain Marvel Vol 10 17
- Magnificent Ms. Marvel Vol 1 14
- Champions Vol 4 1
- Champions Vol 4 4
- Champions Vol 4 6