Quotes by Luke Cage (Earth-199999)
- I couldn't just lay in the cut anymore. ... When did people stop caring? Harlem is supposed to represent our hopes and dreams, it's the pinnacle of black art, politics, innovation. It's supposed to be shining light to the world. It's our responsibility to push forward, so that the next generation will be further along than us. Pop said his mantra aloud twice a day, the kids in the shop were pissed but they could never unhear it. Never backwards, always forward. Forward. Always.
- I want him dead. Same as you. Until that happens, I'm with you.
- The way I see it, being a hero just puts a target on your back.
- I was wrong...you are a piece of shit.
- I am my brother's keeper. Whether I like it or not, it's on me.
- People needed someone that didn't require a warrant or shield to get things done. Call it a vigilante, or a superhero, call it what you will, but like it or not, I finally accepted that that someone had to be me.
- You're absolutely right. I'm not gonna touch him, not the way I should. Since I can't touch the king, I'm gonna take his queen, his knights, his rooks... I'm knockin' all his pieces off the board.
- He used to tell me that "no one can cage a man if he truly wants to be free."
- Hero is your word, not mine.
Conversations with Luke Cage (Earth-199999)
All items (10)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.