Quotes by Marc Spector (Earth-616)
- Stalking girls with your claws ready to carve them up, huh? Yer a real piece of work, Daken. Way past time daddy handed down some serious discipline. Bub.
- Y'know, kid, it's kinda funny. You wanna be powerful, be feared. But we both know that, really, people are always gonna be more scared of me. And that's why you do it, right? Why you're playing at being the master criminal. 'cause you know I'm the real deal and you are not. And that you'll never, ever be me. You're just a cheap-ass copy.
- I'm no pushover myself Stark!
- I've been away too long, you guys dont even recognize me.
- %$#@! Does everyone know my secret identity?
- I became Moon Knight to battle evil wherever I could find it. And I never had to look farther than the darkness inside my own heart.
- I am Moon Knight. The bearer of the mantle of Khonshu. Khonshu the justice bringer. I am vengeance.
- Return what you've taken -- and I'll let you go. This time. But next time -- you won't be so lucky. And I won't be so kind.
- Speaking of the real Daredevil, I could use him right about now -- and I hope he brings Thor, Wolverine, and the Hulk with him.
- I've devoted most of my adult life -- under the mantle of Moon Knight -- to atoning for the sins of my youth as a mercenary... and the blood I spilled.
- Told him I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.
- I think tonight proved otherwise, folks. We acted as a team. We met the threat and we're still standing. I say we don't let it end with Castle.
- I'm gonna get a crease right through my cowl if you don't get that chopper's butt down here fast!
- You asked me--How could such a beautiful land be ruled by such evil? Simple: Water takes the path of least resistance. Makes for crooked streams and crooked names.
- Now comes the part that really hurts.
- People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
- I'm a ghost now...a spectre of the moon...the moon's knight of vengeance---and I got work to do.
- Argh! Look. Steven is the wealthy benefactor. Khonshu is our connection to the bigger picture. You're the voice of reason. And I deal in the grimy leftovers. You built us this way. Like I said, you can chill, we got this. Please don't make me put you to sleep.
- I'm not one of those super heroes who won't straight-up kill you, Bushman.
- Holy @#%$... we have the power of crazy!
- No more being scared? For that I'd need a whole new family and upbringing. Then, I could really sleep at night.
- I swear, I'm taking it back to street level for at least a year.
- What I'm about to do may not be pretty. It may seem insane. But when it comes to "crazy"... I'm the best there is.
- Khonshu! Steven! Where are you?!? Jake, please, I need you!
- I am no man's slave!
- You know where I belong, punk? I belong with the decent and innocent folk-- who can't find a moment's peace-- not in the streets, not in their own homes-- so long as punks like you terrorize them. I belong with the persecuted. Now who's got the power, you stinking tube of prejudice? And how's it feel to play victim for a change?
- Something tells me, Ice, you ain't too cool without your heat.
- Sorry Marlene. This time I have to go with the voices in my head.
- People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The blood I've spilled? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? Hell... How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
- This is not by chance. Not killing this man is not random. This is years of training. Years of practice. Mountains of self-restraint. If this man lives to see tomorrow...it is because I allow him. Because that is the kind of man I am.
- Knowing my history of "extreme behavior", I would suggest you don't want to come at me like this with your helmet off, Stark.
- No. I'm done. I'm through being your executioner. Your avatar. Your symbol.
- Marlene, if Russell is here, that popgun won't make him blink before he eats your heart.
- In some ways it's liberating. Before the padded gloves, the cowl, that cloak. The voices in my head. All gone. Back to the basics. Before the spectacle of it all. When it was a job. Not a religion. When all I knew was what I knew.
- This is the part where you tell me what the #### is going on.
- It's never about what you think it is. Still, someone has to do this. Still, someone has to do the fun stuff. Still, the blade must praise its lord. Still, people want to know, how can I live like this? The blood I've spilled. The blood yet to be spilled. Still, the answer is the same. How could I live any other way?
- I'm glad you guys are here. We have our work cut out for us. This is going to take all of us.
- It doesn't matter who you say you are... Steven Grant... Marc Spector... Moon Knight... You ruin everything you touch. Everything and everybody.
- If I've learned anything from all this... I'd rather die in a robot holocaust than spend another second in Hollywood.
- It's real. It's- it's really you.
- I don't think he'll fall for my crap a second time...
- Cut his @#$@$ing head off for what he's done!!!
- Where were you when I was getting my guts ripped out? Or do you want me to look like one of your mummies?
- You can't kill a god so easily. If you could, everyone would be doing it. Believe me. But you can't get faith and desperation mixed up, either. Do that... and you're only sacrificing yourself.
- Okay. Fine. Ghosts are randomly attacking people in downtown Manhattan at night. They can touch me, and I can't touch them. What am I supposed to do? Sprinkle holy water over downtown? Exorcise Spring Street?
- Listen. Where you're going? Tell your friends. Tell everyone you meet. You tell them all. When you see me coming? Run.
- Let me tell you a thing about me. People who love me suffer and die. I never want to be loved. That's why I always win.
- I've lost Khonshu. I've lost them all.
- It's hard to explain. But I think all of this might be in my head. Or at least some of it is.
- You should know by now that we're never alone, Marc.
- No, I told you already... no. I did not come back here to join you, Khonshu... I came to kill you.
- No Khonshu... I am Marc Spector. I am Steven Grant. I am Jake Lockley. And we are going to be okay. We are going to live with who we are. We are Moon Knight. And we never needed you.
- I am not insane!
- Marlene, who the Hell's idea was it to throw the party in a damned mental institution?
- This is it... the last stand. Let's go wolf hunting!
- I -- I've been sick my whole life. And I've felt ashamed of that. I tried to hide it. I think that's what the mask really was. Another way to hide. But I don't want to hide anymore. I don't want to be ashamed anymore. I just want to be me.
- Look, Ma--no blood. Just a little logo for his straight-jacket.
- The Committee wants you alive -- ! And if you can't get that through your hairy head -- I'm gonna have to pound it in!
Conversations with Marc Spector (Earth-616)
- "People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?"
- "I'm gonna get a crease right through my cowl if you don't get that chopper's butt down here fast!"
- "Sorry Marlene. This time I have to go with the voices in my head."
- "I hope he's not pitching for the S.H.I.E.L.D. ball team."
- --Moon Knight, after breaking the hand of an agent of the post-SHRA S.H.I.E.L.D.
All items (62)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.