Quotes by Marcus Milton (Earth-13034)
- So this is the world, and our children in it. We either choose to be crippled by that fear, or we raise the innocent to be steadfast, we teach them hope... And then believe it will be enough.
- These children, they give me a cause. And it does not make me weak... It makes me strong.
- We should marvel at our achievements, Starbrand... but all progress is the result of a well-ordered mind.
- ... You have mistaken me for someone else. I saw everything perish, yes. That much is true. But it didn't claim me. I remained apart from it. I am its opposing force. I am the sun-- and I have no use for death.
- When I was a boy... My father taught me how to see the world. He taught me a code-- Truth without compromise, thought without error, and all things for the betterment of the whole. And he was right. And he was wrong. He was right to show me the whole. To show me how to work to make all things better. But... the whole is made up of many parts. Some lost, that must be restored. Some broken, that must be mended. Some yet to release their potential. That must be guided. And all of those parts-- from the smallest to the largest, from the lowest sinner to the highest saint-- must be understood. If we flinch from that understanding--declare it impossible, inconceivable-- Then all truth is compromised. All thought will contain error. When I was a boy, my father taught me how to see the world. Now... Now I will teach you. And perhaps I'll be right. And perhaps I'll be wrong. But we can try.
- I'm sorry, Steve... I have no wish to hurt you, but nobody will stand in our way.
- My friends think that violence is the answer far too often. I'm no longer so sure.
- The only thing you're helping is helping me into another mess. This isn't my problem. Who exactly do you think I am?
- Now I just want to focus on one thing. One small thing. I can help you. I can help that murdered girl's father. I can stop a killer instead of being one.
- Father taught me three precepts: Truth without compromise. Thought without error. All things for the betterment of the whole. But I have compromised. And I have made my errors. Have I made anything truly better for anyone? Is justice at any cost justice at all? Or is that just another name for revenge?
- This is the end, you realize that? Whatever we were together -- it's over... the Squadron Supreme is done!
Conversations with Marcus Milton (Earth-13034)
All items (13)