Quotes by Odin Borson (Earth-616)
- Midgard shall not be this child's home. In Asgard will he reside. He'll live as one of us, blessed with wisdom, insight and speed enow to escape any enemy. So decrees Odin.
- Aye. I am an old man--foolish and fond, and quick with my temper. There are times I show little wisdom. And yet...here is wisdom. The strange wisdom of the world-tree I gave this eye to. The tree that is everything. That has its roots and branches in all that is. There are ten realms in this reality--ten spheres, ten universes, and the tree winds through them all. Through every star and planet. Every hero and villain. Every life. Every story. I am Odin Borson, who build the world from corpse-meat. I am Odin One-Eye, and sometimes my one eye is open. But above all, I am Odin All-Father. I am the one who speaks for the tree. I am the king of all stories...and you are my child.
- You are Korg of Krona. Son of O-Korg and Ahna. Brother-killer of Margus.
- I am most pleased to see my favorite son again! But, as for Loki...
- Strength and virtue must be opposed--must be challenged and tested--or they will not grow. Rain must fall or there are no rainbows. Night must come, or we do not come to love the light of day. that is the way of things. And the hero who triumphs over the greatest adversity--it is he that is mightiest of all...
- Thou has knowledge...of...The Reigning? 'Tis not to be spoken of -- or e'en thought of! This...is not thy place! This is not thy time! BEGONE!
- While the God of Thunder heals here in the realm eternal, his mortal self may return to Midgard! Be warned...they are two now. Olson is without power -- incapable of becoming Thor should the need arise! Nor can Thor become Olson!
- Villain! In my name -- today you die!
- Your appeal has reached my ears Thor! What trouble besets my favorite son?
- No matter how strong, or how sly evil may be, there will always be a champion to challenge and defeat it! A champion such as the Mighty Thor!
- Again your forbidden love for that mortal female has caused you to shirk your duty!! This time there is no forgiveness in my heart! This time I order you banished from Asgard!
- Therefore, Go Thee To Earth! Bring Me Loki's Bag of Stones, If Such There Be! You Have Twenty-Four Hours Before I Pass Final Sentence! SO BE IT!
- Thy love for Jane Foster hath endured lo, these many months! It hath overcome every obstacle -- I shall deny it no longer!
- Thou didst treat the sick, and the afflicted! Thou didst walk amongst the weak... and give them strength! Yet, ever wert thou son of Odin... though thou knew it not! 'Twas I who placed thy hammer in an earthly cave... so thou wouldst one day find it! And find it thou didst... when thy lesson had been learned! The lesson of... humility!
- Power -- such as thine -- may ne'er be used in wanton wrath! Where man may err -- a God may not!
- Let the revelry begin! 'Tis a time for merry-making! So Speaks Odin!
- Each man must face his own Ragnarok! And in his soul, each man doth doth know if he will be found -- wanting!
- Ho Heimdall! Tis been eons since last I fought by hand. I see now 'tis a combat I surely miss!
- But do not forget, he thrives on evil ... And among mortals, evil is often a way of life. Beware, both of ye. Mayhap, I send ye to Victory. Mayhap, to thy Doom!
- So long as the mystic Odinshield surrounds Balder thus - just so long shall Asgard stand! If it fades -- or Odin falls -- Balder dies the death from which there is no reprieve -- and Loki -- DAMNED LOKI -- shall win, after all!
- Must I slay mine own, mine only Son - to decide the Destiny of accursed Midgard? 'Twould be slaying a Part of myself, to drive home this Magic Spear - and end a Life otherwise beyond ending. And yet - and yet, I must! Odin hath sworn an Oath - taken a Vow more holy e'en than the Bond 'twixt Father and Son! And, for the Sake of that Oath - Thor must die!
- Slay mine own Son - with three-pointed Gungnir?! Nay! Let the Skies above me tremble - the Mountains shake with Rage - I'll not slay mine only Bloodson again! Not again!!
- Brunnhilda hath defied me - aye, and in so doing, hath made it mine own Hand that did slay my mortal Son. Verily, beyond all imagining shall be her Punishment when I have o'ertaken her!
- As thou art Bringer of Death, so 'tis Odin a God of Life. I bid ye rise, flower and leaf...rise and be restored. Let thy parlor games cease, Hela. Thou hast stolen Valhalla from me -- twisting it to thy vile intent. But no longer. Prepare thee now for the judgement of Odin.
- Praise these heroes! Bill, who has become the second son I never had! And Thor, who is now and forever, indivisibly, the first son of Odin, the god of thunder and heir to the throne of Asgard!
- Young they were and reckless, for had they not recently slain the father of all Frost Giants, the terrible Ymir? Had they not made the world of his body and the sky of his skull and the clouds of his brains? Were they not the sons of Bor, the grandsons of Buri, the first of all immortal gods? Were they not Odin and his brothers, Vili and Ve, riding in the dawn of the world and in the fullness of their youth and power?
- Rise up, ye loyal citizens of Asgard! Thy one, true liege hath finally returned in this -- the hour of thy gravest need! Death to the foes of the Eternal City! Death to Seth the Serpent-God!
- A tale, Balder? I suppose 'twould be fitting enough. My son's adventures in Asgard and Midgard are many.
- Youthful innocence must ever be nurtured! Children deserve only love and devotion -- and should be protected at any cost! In truth, they are our future. Our living legacy to the parade of endless tomorrows! So speaks Odin!
- This day, I have worked magic. You are barred from entering Asgard. Die well, in this place you chose over Heaven. Die well. ... You are no longer my son, and I care nothing for the death of strangers.
- Yes, he was a good boy...dead now. Ever'body dead now... Asgard dead... brothers dead 'long time ago. Did I say I killed my son...? Dead as 'doornail. I killed him. Came to me for help an' I slammed the door in his face... Boom! So he died!
- Let the heavens rejoice! Let the streets ring with laughter and celebration! After too long an absence, the scion of Asgard finally walks among his proud people again!
- You have strutted around my kingdom and terrorized my people long enough. GO AWAY! You don't want to fight me.
- Though death cannot die -- Thou canst be delayed! Thou canst know defeat! Banished be thou from my golden realm! Exiled to the dreaded domain that spawned thee!
- 'Tis here I stand! 'Tis here I fight! And should destiny decree so -- Tis here I shall perish!
- ''LOKI! THOU DOST DARE TOO MUCH! Evil as thou art, still art thou subject to the will of thy father and liege!
- Tis unthinkable... that in this... mayhap his greatest challenge ever' -- the god of thunder shall taste defeat!
- Thy final moment is at hand, Surtur! In times past, I did suffer thee to live, settling for thine imprisonment! 'TIS NOT A MISTAKE I SHALL REPEAT!
- Hush now, o man...Be still and fear not. For, when next you meet thy nemesis upon the field of battle......Asgard stands with thee!
- Be it tomorrow or a thousand years from now...the mistakes you've made this day will haunt us all.
- The game is over. The prison door is open... And Odin walks the realms again. May all fates forgive me...
- ...My children. My son and my daughter and my child who is both. So strong and so quick. So brave and so cunning. I know you. I know everything you are... And... And I love you. Very, very much.
- For all your noble deeds these past days, you lack that quality which makes true heroes. That which your brother walked through fire to learn. You lack humility. And without humility... Yes, you may change. You may change, and change, and change, like a vain fool trying different armors to see which gleams brightest, while the battle goes on without him. You may change. But you will never grow.
- This is your time of fire. Your hour of trial, when the storm is at the door and all is darkest. Hold to yourself, God of Lies. Be worthy-- not of your brother's power, but of your own. Remember. Remember what a lie is.
- You. You wretched mallet. This is all your damn fault. I never should have had you forged in the first place.
- Gods and mortal men share one quality. To be who we are, we must kill our fathers.
- Can there be anything closer to a Norse heaven than to live and die and live again in eternal battle?
- Midgard shall not be this child's home. In Asgard will he reside. He'll live as one of us, blessed with wisdom, insight and speed enow to escape any enemy.
- I name thee... Mjolnir, the thunder weapon. First among hammers. The breaker of all things.
- You! Lack! Humility! And humanity! You are supreme in your power and your pride! The lessons you need so profoundly can never be learned by a god of thunder -- thus I cast you out -- thus shall you shed your godly trappings -- no longer art thou God of Thunder! Thy memory too shall I strip bare! Then go -- for life anew awaits -- on Midgard...
- When you find Loki, I am asking you to do what Thor would never be strong enough to do. What I am too weak and tender-hearted to ever do myself. I need you, Black Panther... to kill my son.
- I'd give my right eye never to see that Deadpool kid again.
- To Hel... to Hel with you star-spawned bastards!
- You have served me well. You have shown me beyond all doubt who the killer is. And for that I shall never forgive you. If I ever see your miserable faces again I will tear your entrails out. Go! Get out of my sight!
- 'tis a strange cadre of warriors you've assembled for yourself, Panther King. Most strange.
- I love my son. I love his fervor. His moxie. His Hel-be-damned spirit. I love the lightning in his heart. I love the Mighty Thor. I just wish to the Gods I knew how to tell him.
- Odin is proud of you, Thor. In the name of all the Gods... I am proud of my son.
- The Serpent is malevolence given form; he is terror given shape. ... His avatars carry with them weapons more mighty than any found on Earth. And they are driven by dire purposes we cannot fathom beyond the most simple: Spread fear! Spread terror! The Serpent has no interest in war -- his strategy is slaughter. And slaughter he shall. Again and again. And the minds of men will warp and break. Their very faiths will shatter...and their icons will fall...
- You -- your race -- You're an infection. Entitled and empowered -- think that simply because you exist -- that you deserve to be heeded and feared? You are not gods. You're parasites!
- I had a feeling we'd meet again. The witness. You, Watcher. All these eons staring and watching everything. So sanctimonious in your silence and your judgment. Have you come then at last to witness my greatest failure? Skadi awakens -- I fear the final prophesy is at hand, and there you stand, like a titanic, mute baby too dumb to be of use. Who are you to judge the All-Father? Am I to tremble at your appearance? Have you come to witness the breaking of worlds, then, in your morbid and cruel curiosity? Well? Well?!? Are you here to see a god die?
- I AM RETURNED...!
Conversations with Odin Borson (Earth-616)
Fandral the Fleet
All items (70)
- Journey into Mystery Vol 1 88
- Journey into Mystery Vol 1 92
- Journey into Mystery Vol 1 94
- Journey into Mystery Vol 1 110
- Journey into Mystery Vol 1 117
- Thor Vol 1 131
- Thor Vol 1 159
- Thor Vol 1 167
- Thor Vol 1 178
- Thor Vol 1 189
- Thor Vol 1 190
- Thor Vol 1 200
- Thor Vol 1 214
- Thor Vol 1 215
- Thor Vol 1 223
- Thor Vol 1 275
- Thor Vol 1 291
- Thor Vol 1 292
- Thor Vol 1 297
- Thor Vol 1 314
- Thor Vol 1 340
- Thor Vol 1 349
- Thor Vol 1 353
- Thor Vol 1 400
- Thor Vol 1 466
- Warlock and the Infinity Watch Vol 1 25
- Thunderstrike Vol 1 15
- Thor Vol 1 491
- Thor Vol 1 498
- Thor: The Legend Vol 1 1
- Journey into Mystery Vol 1 512
- Journey into Mystery Vol 1 513
- Thor Vol 2 18
- Thor Annual Vol 2 2000
- Thor Vol 2 22
- Thor Vol 2 35
- Thor Vol 2 39
- Thor Vol 2 40
- Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comics Magazine Vol 1 10
- Thor: Godstorm Vol 1 1
- Thor: Godstorm Vol 1 3
- Thor Vol 2 52
- Thor Vol 3 7
- Thor Vol 3 8
- Thor: Man of War Vol 1 1
- Thor: Trial of Thor Vol 1 1
- Thor Vol 1 618
- Thor Vol 1 620
- Thor Vol 1 621
- Fear Itself Vol 1 1
- Secret Avengers Vol 1 14
- Fear Itself Vol 1 4
- Avengers Origins: Thor Vol 1 1
- Uncanny Avengers Vol 1 6
- Deadpool Vol 3 20
- Original Sin Vol 1 5.4
- Original Sin Vol 1 5.5
- Loki: Agent of Asgard Vol 1 9
- Loki: Agent of Asgard Vol 1 11
- Mighty Thor Vol 2 4
- Mighty Thor Vol 2 5
- Mighty Thor Vol 2 12
- Free Comic Book Day Vol 2018 Avengers
- Avengers Vol 8 4
- Avengers Vol 8 12
- Thor Vol 5 10
- Thor Vol 5 15
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.