Quotes by Pietro Maximoff (Earth-616)
- Nothing. Nothing's going on. I'm just...it's just an interesting development, is all.
- The name is Quicksilver and if you and your friends don't leave this place at once, my father won't be the only person I kill today.
- Larry Trask! Yes! If any Man might know where those Androids might have moved the Apparatus from this Place, it would be the Son of their Creator! And, help me he shall - or live to regret it!
- No sister of MINE may become involved with a - a - a - Robot!
- Marrying my sister didn't make you any more human than a digital watch!
- I thought our purpose was to battle crime! Why need we concern ourselves with international affairs?
- Together. We are stronger. Together. We sacrifice for those in need. Together. We engage the impossible. That is why we are a team. That is what it means to be an Avenger. Fighting together. Now... and... forevermore.
- I am faster than I was when I was last on the Avengers roster -- MUCH FASTER!
- Unhand me human!
- You cannot see it, woman, but those who can see call the South Bronx as desolate and dangerous to human life as the Moon! I've seen the Moon! The Bronx is worse!
- Look, O'Grady -- many of us came to the Avengers with baggage, myself included. Even Scott Lang -- your predecessor -- was a convicted criminal who literally stole his first costume. But just as Steve Rogers once vouched for me, he's vouching for you. That means we accept you. We put our reservations aside and trust that you'll be an asset to the team. You don't need to prowl around the shadows working up the courage to act like a man. You just need to understand that you're now an Avenger -- and that you belong here. Act like the man Rogers thinks you can be.
- The Hulk is down and out!
- I'm not a true Inhuman -- I'm a mutant -- Different. They'll never fully accept me ...
- You're on my earth now. And you're already starting to slow down. So let me just say...it's nothing personal. Oh, no. Not at all. Hah! I'm faster! Faster! Speed Force be damned!
- I've warned you never to threaten my sister!
- Calm Down?! I've never been more furious in my life! All the time I've wasted here-- with you and your team of rejects! I could have been searching for her!
- Super-Speed. Google it.
- I'm the fastest man on Earth. But... what if... that's not fast enough?
- What I wouldn't give for some crappy super villain speech right now to break this silence.
- Today -- albeit for a short time -- the beast within me has stilled. Today... I belong!
- Fool! As if I would ever trust your word or your mercy!
- Oh, sister... you'll pay for that.
- You're a mutant, too. You can read minds enough to predict any attack your opponent will make. So you will be able to -- anticipate every move I make -- and do absolutely -- nothing about it -- because I -- am -- the -- fastest -- man -- on -- Earth.
- As for Simon, Wanda's brought him back before -- she can do it again. It's like her secondary power.
- My ex-wife, Crystal, once told me I've spent my whole life running. An obvious and boring metaphor -- but she was right. I never settled in any one place long enough for it to become my home. Left as soon as things got the slightest bit messy. Running from a long list of things that I'm not proud of. Running away from my wife. From my daughter. Focusing on the bigger parts while ignoring my real responsibility. It was never my fault. Always mired in rationalizations. They pushed me. They started it -- I simply finished it. As long as I don't sink to his level, hey, I'm coming out ahead. It was just so easy. I'm his son -- Of course I have his temper. But then Wanda cast that damn spell--And I lost my excuse. Why did I really come here? I said I needed to know the truth. But that's not it. I wanted there to be some grand plot. Some strings I could point to and blame. Anything to keep up the lie. Anything to get my excuses back. But I've been given a second chance. An I'm done running. Every triumph, every failure, I own them all. And while the thought of it is terrifying -- it's also liberating.
- I can't leave the city for a minute without something ridiculous happening... this time, some kind of force field covering the island. Hmmmm... no gaps in the surface at all...
- Emily - I've never been a person who looked to religion for guidance. In a world filled with so much strife, God's light has always felt distant and weak. And yet, now I pray. I pray for your future, healthy and strong. I pray that I haven't destroyed your beauty and grace through my selfish actions. Wanda told me I must leave, and for once, I must concede she is correct. I have been a fool and need time and clarity to try and overcome it. There's nothing I can write here that will take back the mistakes I made or undo the hurt I've caused you. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I will endeavor to make myself worthy of such kindness. Until then, you are in my thoughts and prayers. - Pietro
- I will not wait an instant longer! Cling to your shadows -- your mad power plays -- as tightly as you'd like Cortez! My only concern -- is for my daughter!
- I cannot take her back! I cannot countenance betrayal! ... Enough about love! Enough about all of you!
- I'm freaking QUICKSILVER!!! And you can eat my freaking dust!
- If your type talked less and did more, you'd have been ruling the world years ago.
- I look like something out of a... a comic book!
- The future is written by the winners. History is written by the survivors.
- Once upon a time, I could have moved like lightning. Slain her before she ever knew what was happening...now I have to lunge after her like an arthritic snail.
- You may assume you know Magneto from your days as his students, but you don't know him at all. He will crush you if he believes you are standing in his way. Therefore, you are going to leave Genosha now. By force if necessary.
- Far too long have my sister and I suffered the indignities dealt us by homo sapiens... therefore, we have decided that our only cause is that of our own race... the race of homo superior!
- Enough! I will listen to no more of your Homo sapiens-sympathizing blasphemy! You have had your chance to join us -- and declined it! Therefore -- I can consider you nothing but our enemy!
Conversations with Pietro Maximoff (Earth-616)
All items (39)
- Avengers Vol 1 18
- X-Men Vol 1 44
- X-Men Vol 1 45
- Marvel Super-Heroes Vol 1 23
- Avengers Vol 1 103
- Avengers Vol 1 110
- Incredible Hulk Vol 1 175
- Inhumans Vol 1 3
- Avengers Vol 1 175
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 240
- Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol 2 10
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 304
- X-Factor Vol 1 85
- X-Factor Vol 1 93
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 307
- Quicksilver Vol 1 1
- Quicksilver Vol 1 9
- X-Force Vol 1 94
- Avengers Vol 3 40
- JLA/Avengers Vol 1 2
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 443
- X-Factor Vol 3 13
- X-Factor Vol 3 23
- X-Factor: The Quick and the Dead Vol 1 1
- Mighty Avengers Vol 1 34
- Thunderbolts Vol 1 143
- Avengers: The Children's Crusade Vol 1 2
- I Am An Avenger Vol 1 5
- Avengers Academy Vol 1 20
- All-New X-Factor Vol 1 13
- Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 4
- Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 5
- Scarlet Witch Vol 2 9
- Uncanny Avengers Vol 3 24
- Uncanny Avengers Vol 3 30
- Avengers Vol 1 688
- Quicksilver: No Surrender Vol 1 1
- Quicksilver: No Surrender Vol 1 2
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.