Quotes by Samuel Wilson (Earth-616)
- Captain America is not just for the good days. He can't be. I can't be. If Captain America can't stand for the Dream on the very worst day-- When America is fallen-- Then there is no Captain America. Because our worst day is where we start from. Where we rise from. And if the man in the flag is too special to fall and rise and struggle with the rest... Then God help us all.
- Ever since I can remember, I've been nuts about birds!
- Your skin may be a different color... but there is no man alive I'm prouder to call... brother!
- Keep goin' Cap! I'm right behind ya!
- ... I'll rate even higher with Cap if I can take Spider-Man ... alone.
- Now I know what Steppin Fetchet meant when he said Feet do yo stuff!
- Maybe that's because you're white, Colonel... and don't know how it feels to be on the other side of the color line!
- He's not Captain America. Spread the word!
- ...I think its about time I split for Harlem. As you may remember, I've got a woman there now... and a life of my own I wanna build.
- .. If I'm going to be your partner, I have to be something more than a costumed athlete.
- But from now on I'll thank you to leave the Falcon strictly alone!
- ... It's time for the Falcon to Fly!
- Stand aside Dum Dum. This "low-born" is coming through!
- Heads up you jocks! Here comes the Harlem Express!
- That is no way to treat a brother -- Brother!
- Teamwork does it every time!!
- Now to give this punk a taste of his own medicine!
- Forget your petty anger, Nighthawk-- We must not fight among ourselves!
- Now I'm only going to say this once, punks! Put the guns down.
- You wanna be somebody when you get out of school? Start now. Here.
- What kind of world will this be without a Captain America?
- People that... know me, call me "Falcon".
- America belongs to all the people --
- You tryin' to flex, Norman? Represent for your woman?
- Look dude, have a coconut. Love me them coconuts...
- Captain America and the Falcon are finished!
- Yep... got a call from Nick Fury, said you might need a friend.
- Won't be much future if this Lukin guy goes biblical with the Cube.
- To Steve Rogers...the best of us.
- Now. Look around you. Kind of amazing, isn't it? How we usually see the differences between us...separated by nationality, by color, by religion...and yet here we are all connected. Steve Rogers. That skinny blond-haired kid who grew up on the streets of New York...showed us that the ideals of the America dream -- the Great Melting Pot that can bring out the best of us and bind us all together -- actually WORKS!
- The Winter Soldier went off the grid yesterday. Looks like he's about to start a fire, and we need to stop that.
- It's okay, Sharon... we know... they were controlling you.. but it's all over now... it's over... the good guys won...
- Taking on a whole train full of armored fanatics on your own? Sounds more like a Bucky plan.
- There's just choices... and we all got them to make.
- Let's give it a whirl-- Avengers Assemble!
- The X-Men have amassed an army. Apocalypse has risen. Their fury at a fervor. War will soon be upon us.
- Memories stop by like in-laws--You don't get to choose when the mind drifts--Tiggered by a song, a place--The need for someone no longer here. You relieve everything that mattered for you then. The way it all was... And how far gone it all is. When the roof caves in--When the ground crumbles under my feet--Even all these years latter--My first instinct is to turn to my parents. To advise me. To know I'm doing right. But home is gone. The worse things get--The more I need them--The harder it is to face. I gave the people of Harlem everything I had--Desperately trying to feel their shoes. Working myself near to death raising my sister and brother. Spent my life worried it wasn't enough. How could I ever live up to the bar they set? But I've got a sneaking suspicion that if they could see me now--They'd be proud.
- Because Captain America is not just for the good days. He can't be. I can't be. If Captain America can't stand for the dream on the very worst day--when America is fallen--then there is no Captain America. Because our worst day is onl where we start from. Where we rise from. And if the man in the flag is too special to fall and rise and struggle with the rest... Then God help us all. If I've got to work harder now? Prove me more? That was always true. And that's a weight I'm proud to carry.
- Seeing these two happy... it makes the whole fight worthwhile.
- Let's just be honest here -- this country is as divided as it's ever been. Red and blue, black and white, Republican and Democrat, North and South -- feels like we are constantly at each other's throats. We don't trust each other. We no longer see ourselves in our neighbor. And this is not some intellectual debate -- people are dying. Our streets are burning. Inequality is soaring. It feels like things are about to break wide open. And it used to be -- even if we didn't agree on what to do in our communities, we could at least unite in fighting common enemies. Everybody's okay with beating up Hydra. Even that's not so simple anymore. The good guys -- S.H.I.E.L.D. and the N.S.A. -- are getting caught doing things we never dreamt the bad guys would do, even in our worst nightmares. But the even bigger, scarier problem for me? In all these struggles, all these debates, and all these things tearing us apart -- I have a side. That's right. I have opinions. Strongly held beliefs, even. And here's the thing -- the more I saw the people I believed I was standing up for being walked on -- the more I heard a noise machine spouting intolerance and fear, drowning common sense out -- the more I wondered -- shouldn't Captain America be more than just a symbol? Steve always tried to stay above the fray, and I respected him for it. He took a stand when he had to, but as far as politics went -- he played it close to the vest. But if I really believed I could make a difference -- if I really believed I could change some minds, do some good -- then wasn't I obligated to try?
- Look, Steve Rogers can't arrest me. I have immunity.
- Now, my predecessor in this job might've been inclined to give you some speech about what really makes America great -- how it's not just chasing dollars and hoarding wealth. Me? I'm not really great with the speeches -- so I'm just gonna arrest you.
- It's not awkward. Look, word's already out that Steve is back. It's better for him to get out in front of it. And him going back to being Captain America -- the two of us doing it together -- that was my idea, remember?
- ⚞SIGH⚟ Fine, so -- my position on profiling the future? @#$& no.
- But I already know this plays out one of two ways. Neither of them pretty. Either I look like I attacked these cops, or I ignite a riot when they beat me -- best option is still de-escalate -- but neither side seems very interested in that.
- When he got back to full health, he told me to hang on to this. And I trust his opinion a Hell of a lot more than yours. Or maybe even my own, for that matter. If he can share, you can, too. So you -- and all those guys I imagine put you up to this -- are going to have to learn to get used to it. I'm Captain America now. Deal with it.
- Vision, seriously, what's going on?
- He's trying to prove a point.
- I can't believe I'm saying this... but let the monsters handle the fighting.
- This is a stand I need to take. This time, no compromises. If Steve's Captain America is a symbol of a great country pushing forward -- then let Sam Wilson's Captain America have been a reminder of the people it's leaving behind. This is my protest... This is my goodbye.
- Oh great and powerful Mole Man, King of all that lives below. I'm honored to once again be in your presence -- and come bearing gifts.
- These people -- Hydra -- executed our friends. They murdered an entire city. They've locked up millions, are chasing after millions more. Innocents. Who wants to speak for those people? Who's going to be their justice? Who wants to be their Avengers?!
- I know some part of you might want to give up hope. But this is our moment. Our chance to turn things around. I know we've been divided. Torn apart. Broken -- for so damn long -- but now it's time to assemble.
- But if I had to guess, I'd say, sure, she wanted us to see the folks whose footsteps we're following in, back when they were starting out... show us we're worthy of standing in those shoes. But more that that-- I think she wanted to get us thinking about walking our own paths-- building our own legacies.
- Steve being a traitor validated every cynic who felt America was an idealized metaphor for the dominant culture's survival and the minority's suffering. I can't let that idea take hold. People need hope.
- Stand your ground! This ends now! The world will not succumb to your madness, Blackheart! We will fight until our last breath! And when we fall, there will be others! There will be no peace for you on Earth! It belongs to humanity to rise, fall and learn the path to peaceful coexistence! So quit while you can!
- Everyone has that special person. Misty is mine.
- #$%& Blade. As if my hands weren't full enough already.
Conversations with Samuel Wilson (Earth-616)
Falcon (Sam Wilson)
Falcon (Sam Wilson)
Falcon (Sam Wilson)
Falcon (Sam Wilson)
She-Hulk (Jen Walters)
Rogue (Anna Marie)
All items (66)
- Captain America Vol 1 117
- Captain America Vol 1 126
- Captain America Vol 1 134
- Captain America Vol 1 137
- Captain America Vol 1 142
- Captain America Vol 1 146
- Captain America Vol 1 154
- Captain America Vol 1 163
- Captain America Vol 1 169
- Captain America Vol 1 178
- Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 30
- Captain America Vol 1 195
- Captain America Vol 1 197
- Captain America Vol 1 201
- Captain America Vol 1 205
- Captain America Vol 1 220
- Defenders Vol 1 63
- Captain America Vol 1 272
- Falcon Vol 1 4
- Power Man and Iron Fist Vol 1 112
- Captain America Vol 1 439
- Captain America Vol 2 4
- Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty Vol 1 9
- Avengers Vol 3 64
- Captain America and the Falcon Vol 1 7
- Captain America and the Falcon Vol 1 11
- Captain America and the Falcon Vol 1 13
- Captain America Vol 5 12
- Captain America Vol 5 13
- Civil War Vol 1 1
- Captain America Vol 5 26
- Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America Vol 1 5
- Captain America Vol 5 27
- Captain America Vol 5 42
- Captain America Vol 1 604
- Captain America and the Falcon Vol 2 1
- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 266
- Captain America Vol 7 25
- Avengers & X-Men: AXIS Vol 1 4
- All-New Captain America Vol 1 1
- Avengers & X-Men: AXIS Vol 1 5
- Captain America and the Mighty Avengers Vol 1 4
- All-New Invaders Vol 1 14
- All-New Captain America Vol 1 6
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 1
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 2
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 6
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 9
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 11
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 12
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 13
- Avengers Vol 7 1
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 19
- Monsters Unleashed Vol 2 3
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 21
- Captain America: Sam Wilson Vol 1 23
- Captain America Vol 8 25
- Secret Empire Vol 1 8
- Generations: Sam Wilson Captain America & Steve Rogers Captain America Vol 1 1
- Falcon Vol 2 1
- Falcon Vol 2 5
- Falcon Vol 2 6
- Falcon Vol 2 7
- Falcon & Winter Soldier Vol 1 2